TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
tea2weeds

CPI Adding transcript v13 for previous page imported from Ancestry

tea2weeds

I have a census record divided across 2 pages.  Transcript dbid=8054&iid=4187297-00129 is the first page imported from Ancestry on a previous version of TNG.  I tried to add the 2nd page manually, entering the transcript id and page 2 for the relationship,  same city, town, etc., but get the error The transcript ID (dbid=8054&iid=4187297-00129) is not a valid ID!

How do I add the 2nd page so the census record is a contiguous list of the people in the household?

Trudy Lusk

Ken Roy

Trudy,

Sorry, but the Census Plus International mod is no longer able to import DOM sources from Ancestry since they changed the whole way that they generate their DOM source.  You can use the Add tab to manually add census transcipts however, I do not think the manual add procedure can be used to associate a manually added census to an imported one.   You may have to manually add both pieces and then delete your first import.

Sorry but I do not have the time to test whether that would work.  I believe you got the error message because the add for the 2nd page expects that it added the first page of the census

bhemph

I think that is the error you get when the iid already exists.  The iid for page 2 would be 4187297-00130.

Ken Roy
35 minutes ago, bhemph said:

I think that is the error you get when the iid already exists.  The iid for page 2 would be 4187297-00130.

Only if you are trying to use the manual Add tab to add a page 2 to a census that was imported.  I do not know whether you can specify the iid on an Add to match an imported census record.

I believe the Add dialog is only capable of adding a page 2 or page 1 to a census that was created by the Add tab

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this