TNG Community
darrin65

Media Doesn't Display Since 13.0.3 Update

darrin65

Since I updated from 13.0.2 to 13.0.3, the preview for my media works as usual. But when I click on it to see the full doc/photo it goes to the next screen and says "loading" but the media file never opens. This has never happened before and I'm hoping someone might have an idea what happened between the upgrade.

Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.duttongenealogy.com

Screenshot 2021-02-22 09.45.56.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-22 09.46.13.jpg

theKiwi

Can you post a userID and password so people can log in and take a look?

Roger

darrin65

Roger,

Thank you for the reply. The userID: guest and p/w: 19Herbert27 can be used for access.

Thank you again,

Darrin

Rob Severijns

Darrin,

Looks like the link to the thumbs are all OK.

The links to all the actual media files are broken.

Are you sure the settings in Paths and Folders is correct (Setup >> Configuration >> General Settings)?

You could install the Mod Unused Media to check if media files are present in the media folders on the server but not registered with TNG.

Good luck,

Rob

theKiwi

The console shows some errors

image.png

Take a look at the tables for the site using phpMyAdmin from your cPanel, and see if the collation of all of the tables is the same - I think this problem is the same as is caused by an upgrade to TNG creating a new table in a different collation than all the rest. So if one table has a different collation, open that table in phpMyAdmin and use the Operations tab to change its collation to match all the others.

Does that fix the problem?

Roger

darrin65

Roger,

I took a look at the tables on phpMyAdmin (something I've rarely messed with because I could easily take my site down not knowing what I'm doing!) But just looking at each table, nothing looks different from what I can see.

Thanks a lot for the reply!

Screenshot pg1.png

Screenshot pg2.png

darrin65

Rob,

I took a look at the settings in the Paths and Folders and they are all correct. Actually I remembered that this happened to me 2 different times after I upgraded from 12.3 to 13.02. I could see the preview but it wouldn't load the actual media. Thinking maybe I missed something during the upgrade I re-ran the "upgrade_db12x-13x.php" and everything started displaying fine. The second time the media stopped displaying, I re-ran the dbupgrade and things were fine again. After I tried what you suggested this time without any luck, I tried re-running the "upgrade_db13x-13x.php" but that didn't take care of it this time. After looking through the tables for one that might have a different collation as Roger suggested and things looking fine I'm at a loss. Would it be possible to revert back to version 13.0.2 when everything was working....?

Ken Roy

You are missing the new table that was added in TNG 13 - tng_media_tags if I remember correctly.  So somehow your database upgrade needs to be run  You may need to download the TNG 12 upgrade zip and run the database upgrade again.

darrin65

Hi Ken,

Ok, TNG 12.0 correct?

theKiwi
1 hour ago, darrin65 said:

Hi Ken,

Ok, TNG 12.0 correct?

You could get the upgrade for TNG 11 to 13.x and upload the bbupgrade script from that - it might contain some redundant steps, but won't do any harm if it does, and it will do the needed steps.

Make sure to go to TNG Admin ------> Setup ------> General Settings ------> Table Names and make sure they're all filled in too.

Roger

darrin65

Ok great, I'll give that a shot and see how things go.

Thank you for the response.

Darrin

darrin65
6 hours ago, theKiwi said:

You could get the upgrade for TNG 11 to 13.x and upload the bbupgrade script from that - it might contain some redundant steps, but won't do any harm if it does, and it will do the needed steps.

Make sure to go to TNG Admin ------> Setup ------> General Settings ------> Table Names and make sure they're all filled in too.

Roger

I gave that a go, all tables are filled in, but there is still no table named " tng_media_tags". Everything works as it did before, just no loading of any of the media.

Darrin

theKiwi

This is what I have - a total of 37 tables

image.png

Roger

Ken Roy
1 hour ago, darrin65 said:

but there is still no table named " tng_media_tags". Everything works as it did before, just no loading of any of the media.

Sorry Darrin,

i should have double-checked.  The new table is tng_image_tags

darrin65
13 minutes ago, theKiwi said:

This is what I have - a total of 37 tables

image.png

Roger

I have 42 tables, the extras being from Census Plus. Ken is correct, I don't have the "Image Tags" table. Evidently when I ran the dbupgrade script from TNG 11 to 13.x as suggested, that didn't add that table. However, it did revert the template I was using to template 14, and I can't even remember how long ago I used that.

Darrin

Screenshot 2021-02-23 17.02.26.png

darrin65
21 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

Sorry Darrin,

i should have double-checked.  The new table is tng_image_tags

No problem Ken. I got the gist of what you meant. Thanks.

Ken Roy

Darrin,

I looked at the phpMyAdmin screen above https://tng.community/index.php?/forums/topic/15312-media-doesnt-display-since-1303-update/&do=findComment&comment=80371

and it shows the tng_image_tags table.  Are you connected to the correct database in TNG ?

darrin65
1 hour ago, Ken Roy said:

Darrin,

I looked at the phpMyAdmin screen above https://tng.community/index.php?/forums/topic/15312-media-doesnt-display-since-1303-update/&do=findComment&comment=80371

and it shows the tng_image_tags table.  Are you connected to the correct database in TNG ?

Ken,

Since I know next to nothing I asked support at Simply Hosting. He said I was connected to the database that had the tng_image_tags table, but oddly enough it's still not listed in my Setup-General Settings-Table Names. He logged in as admin, ran the dbupgrade that Roger suggested since I still had it in my public_html and also ran the 13.0.2-13.x dbupgrade and now media is displaying fine. Even more odd, the tng_image_tags table still isn't listed in my table names. I changed my template back to the one I was using and things are back to normal. SMH