TNG Community
Marla

TNG errors

Marla

When I edited on individuals, I clicked on Save & Exit button. The error message showed up as Uploaded images below. Anyone has this problems?  It has been going on for a week when this message shows up.  I have no clues what it is going on.  

TNG.JPG

Ken Roy

Browsers are no longer allowing TNG to close scripts in a different tab.  They perceive this as a way of tightening security in their browsers.  You may need to upgrade to TNG 13.0.3, or simply close the browser window that was left open.

I was going to indicate you could install the patch, but it looks like Darrin removed it now that he has posted TNG 13.0.3

Katryne

Hello Ken !

Are all the browsers impacted by this new behaviour ? (What about SeaMonkey for instance ?)

Ken Roy

Katryne,

As far as I know it all started with Google Chrome but I think that Firefox has joined them.  In Firefox and I think in SeaMonkey you can update the about:config option as shown in one of the posts above.  Other chromium browsers like Microsoft Edge, Brave, and Opera are also adopting the practice of not letting you close the tab that was opened by a different script.

I have not seen the problem in SeaMonkey.

CarlWGray
2 hours ago, Marla said:

When I edited on individuals, I clicked on Save & Exit button. The error message showed up as Uploaded images below. Anyone has this problems?  It has been going on for a week when this message shows up.  I have no clues what it is going on.  

TNG.JPG

Marla, I was also having that problem. Since upgrading to TNG version 13.0.3, I haven't seen it in Microsoft Edge