TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
doughouse

Individual pages seem to be blank now

doughouse

Hi all,

I went to look at a person on my family tree today and noticed everything was missing from his page. I checked several other people in my family tree and they all had the same issue. I slightly suspect this might be because I'm running a nearly-decade-old version of TNG (v 9.0.3), but I wouldn't be surprised if there's some other issue at play here are well. My site is: http://evanswoodfam.com/

You can see an example of the issue here: http://evanswoodfam.com/getperson.php?personID=I61&tree=treeid

theKiwi

Ask your host if they recently upgraded the PHP version on your server - that could explain the problem if they did upgrade it to say PHP 7.2

You'll either have to see if they'll let you downgrade, or upgrade your TNG to the current 13.0.3

Roger

doughouse

Well, this site was a bit of a "set it and forget it" project for me, but I guess I should probably upgrade since it's been so long. 

One question about upgrading: I'm pretty sure I did some modifications to the template I chose--mainly just colors and maybe fonts. WIll the upgrade override those modifications?

theKiwi

It will depend on how you made the changes - if you put the changes into the mytngstyle.css folder that is in the folder for the template you chose, then you should be OK. If you made the changes in say the templatestyle.css file, then you'll lose them on upgrade unless you figure out what they were and save them before doing the upgrade.

Roger