TNG Community
theKiwi

Search for Connections Mod

mjaro

Michel,

I've corrected a little error in one file (as detected by Jurgen) and need an advice how to proceed: 1. release a new mod sub-version, or 2. replace only one file in the zip, and re-upload it, or 3. add french and german translations and release a new mod (sub-)version 

(Other qiestion - I also see that the mod Wiki page starts with a strange short text just uder the title; how to correct it? Can it be a consequence of my faolt while editing the page?)

Michał 

JPB
vor 24 Minuten schrieb mjaro:

aren't you a programmer?

No, no, I am NOT a programmer. 😁

Just an interested layman who gets his results mostly by comparison and trial and error.

Jürgen

mjaro
6 minutes ago, JPB said:

No, no, I am NOT a programmer. 😁

Just an interested layman who gets his results mostly by comparison and trial and error.

Jürgen

Jürgen, I'm not a programmer, too.

Believe me, just one year ago I could only "program" in the ModManager language. And then I discovered the other programming languages are even easier to use - Python, PHP7, JavaScript, ...

mjaro
40 minutes ago, mjaro said:

the mod Wiki page starts with a strange short text just uder the title; how to correct it?

Edit: I see Brett just have made correction. Thanks!

Ken Roy

Michal,

Thank you so much for such a great mod that shows 6 paths between Dad and I, 9 paths between Mom and Dad, and 4 paths between Dad and Mom

Thanks for your patience with our feedback.  I have installed you Connections mod on my production site and updated the Sites Using table.

I would recommend that you use the version number of the mod on your folder name to avoid confusion and problems

Michel KIRSCH
3 hours ago, mjaro said:

I've corrected a little error in one file (as detected by Jurgen) and need an advice how to proceed:

Michal,

when modifying the mod, the best solution is to release a new mod sub version.

So you can trace which version a user uses when he have a problem.

Michel

mjaro
2 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

Thanks for your patience with our feedback.

Ken, it is an honor and a pleasure to read such kind words about my work, written by the master. I'm delighted! Thank you!

mjaro
57 minutes ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

when modifying the mod, the best solution is to release a new mod sub version

Michel, in the meantime I've finished testing also other changes and decided to release a new full-version - before I could read your answer (which will be applied next time). Thanks

Michał

Michel KIRSCH

Michal,

EDIT : OK on my online site. Problem only occurs on my local site. Sorry !

Michel

connections v3.JPG

connections v2.JPG

Ken Roy

Michel,

Is your first screen capture v3?  I have not looked at v3 yet but since Roger had sent me his mod for the color changes I have on my site he sent me an email that the css styles are now in genstyle.css so they should now be easier to override for each template

mjaro
5 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

Michel,

Is your first screen capture v3?  I have not looked at v3 yet but since Roger had sent me his mod for the color changes I have on my site he sent me an email that the css styles are now in genstyle.css so they should now be easier to override for each template

I'll update capture soon (my oversight).

Styles now are in the genstyle.css. BTW they could be overrided even in prevoius version but that way was not typical for TNG.

mjaro
53 minutes ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

OK on my online site. Problem only occurs on my local site.

You should probably clear browser cache as the mod styles are now loaded from genstyle.css and not via link in meta.

JPB

How can I change the letters in brackets (s, c, p) in front of the name so that they correspond to German designations, or delete them all?

I tried to find a solution, but realize my limitations ...

I am looking for a personal solution, the mod does not need to be rewritten!!

Thanks

Jürgen

theKiwi
38 minutes ago, JPB said:

How can I change the letters in brackets (s, c, p) in front of the name so that they correspond to German designations, or delete them all?

I suppose ideally those characters would be set in the language files, so for each language it will show the first letter of the relevant word. (Hint/suggestion for @mjaro)

And I'm wondering whether a bullet • instead of an ampersand @ might be good for the starting person.

Roger

mjaro
50 minutes ago, JPB said:

How can I change the letters in brackets

Unfortunately, these letters (and @) are hardcoded in the current version. They were not intended to be displayed; during the coding I used them initially as the only contents of boxes. Now I see different opinions about leaving them or hiding... BTW what is your vote?

Anyway, it could be easy to turn them into usual $text values. Let assume (I prefer to keep them short) they are in English:

$text['spo'] = "s"; $text['chi'] = "c"; $text['par'] = "p";

If you give me german letters I'll use them in the next release.

Roger, as you see I go similar direction. Bullet is more nice than @ (but less visible if you want to see it?) It can be $text['pri'] = "•";

Michał

theKiwi
10 minutes ago, mjaro said:

Roger, as you see I go similar direction. Bullet is more nice than @ (but less visible if you want to see it?) It can be $text['pri'] = "•";

I first thought of a star ★ from Unicode, but that might be messy on a site using ISO-8859-1 rather than UTF-8, but I can over-ride it to a star on my sites which all do run UTF-8

Roger

Michel KIRSCH
2 hours ago, mjaro said:

You should probably clear browser cache

you're a genius. I'm an idiot.

Thx Michal

mjaro
3 hours ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

you're a genius. I'm an idiot.

Thx Michal

I'm not sure... ;)  Don't be overly pessimistic.

Michel KIRSCH
4 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

Is your first screen capture v3? 

Yes Ken it was. But as a newbie, i forgot to clear the cache. All is fine now...

Michel

Michel KIRSCH
1 hour ago, mjaro said:

$text['spo'] = "s"; $text['chi'] = "c"; $text['par'] = "p";

For french : $text['spo'] = "c"; $text['chi'] = "e"; $text['par'] = "p"; (c,e,p for Conjoint, Enfant, Parent)

Better is $text['spo'] = "(s)"; $text['chi'] = "(c)"; $text['par'] = "(p)";

so, If someone don't want to see these letters in front of the names, he can just set the variables = "";

Michel

mjaro
6 minutes ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

For french : $text['spo'] = "c"; $text['chi'] = "e"; $text['par'] = "p"; (c,e,p for Conjoint, Enfant, Parent)

Better is $text['spo'] = "(s)"; $text['chi'] = "(c)"; $text['par'] = "(p)";

so, If someone don't want to see these letters in front of the names, he can just set the variables = "";

Michel

Good idea!

I'm now almost ready coding this. I'll include a space at the end eg. $text['par'] = "(p) ";

The primary person will be $text['pri'] = "(•) ";

manofmull

Michal

Connections v13.0.2.3

Have I jumped the gun by installing this version?

Is it supposed to look like this = I hope not!

The original version looks much better than this, see pic below.

EDIT

cache need clearing to display properly!

conn.jpg

Ken Roy

Yes Michael,

It will look that way until you do a forced reload or clear your cache since the css definitions are now in genstyle.css you need to force the new genstyle.css to be reload.  Same problem Michel reported.

tngrlkrz

Not your problem, Michal, but since css code moved to genstyle.css (local Laragon site), no colors will take hold, in any browser, after cache clearing, essentially leaving it transparent.  The call from meta.php worked fine in prior version. So...will try moving the mytngstyle.css to see if that works.    My problem, I think...but first time have experienced this issue coming out of genstyle.css.  Have checked, all the code is there, but colors are ignored. SigH.something is awry with my css files, I guess.

Will unload all other mods to see if any effect.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.