TNG Community
theKiwi

Search for Connections Mod

tngrlkrz
1 hour ago, theKiwi said:

I'd be happy to lose the icons in the text row

And I would be happy to keep them.ūüėȬ† I don't use 'dummy' male/female pics when no image exists and also need¬†the gender icons when 'no' option to thumbs in 'compact' format.

theKiwi
46 minutes ago, tngrlkrz said:

And I would be happy to keep them.ūüėȬ† I don't use 'dummy' male/female pics when no image exists and also need¬†the gender icons when 'no' option to thumbs in 'compact' format.

Are we talking about the same thing - in this string of text

image.png

every symbol along that line is explained in words - the first "his son" implies William is male, and Robert is male, then each successive "his son" tells the gender of the next name.

The gender icon in the boxes is fine.

Roger

theKiwi
2 hours ago, theKiwi said:

(This is not a solution to why the images don't show in my other WordPress site - this is the site where the images always worked.

This is resolved now - turns out it wasn't getting the correct $rootpath value - that field was empty, and TNG was using the default it calculates, which maybe somehow wasn't making its way to the connections scripts - it's working now though that I re-saved it,

http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/connections.php?altprimarypersonID=&savedpersonID=I1&secondpersonID=&maxR=99&showTxt=true&showPic=true&sortpathsby=length&maxL=33&primarypersonID=I16&tree=Roger&s=

Roger

mjaro
4 hours ago, tngrlkrz said:

Ron, Roger,

Since there are strong opposing opinions, I will just add separate mod options for displaying icons in the text and in the boxes :) :) 

MichaŇā

mjaro
8 hours ago, tngrlkrz said:

why the second path was the only one with nearly all of gender symbols not fitting, whereas the other two, all fit. 

This is the great secret of the browser....

klooster

I just installed the connections mod, my compliments for all who worked to develop this mod!

One question in the search screen, see printscreen, some fonts (person1, 2, change etc) are bigger than the standerd font. I cannot find the css to change the font size.

Anyone any idea what the class name is ??

Schermafbeelding 2021-02-23 om 11.02.47.png

mjaro
1 hour ago, klooster said:

Anyone any idea what the class name is ??

Here you see my browser inspection:

Clipboard04.jpg

The style is inherited - unfortunately - from my (private) template style. ( --fontfam: "Trebuchet MS", Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif; )

If possible - please try to uncheck font-family (if is active).

If it is inactive, please edit font-family to any font name to see if it is accepted .

The problem is that --fontfam  is undefined in your installation and - I guess - is replaced by Wordpress (inherited from other definition).

Sorry for incovenience, 

MichaŇā

Ken Roy
3 hours ago, mjaro said:

Ron, Roger,

Since there are strong opposing opinions, I will just add separate mod options for displaying icons in the text and in the boxes :) :) 

MichaŇā

Michal,

I don't think Ron and Roger are talking about the same thing.

I think the symbol in the text path is redundant which I believe is the one Roger suggested be removed.  I think Ron is talking about the symbol within the boxes.  If that is the case there would be no need for 2 separate mod options

I also like Roger's legend, so hopefully he sent you the code.  I sent you the Template 20 color override changes in a PM

mjaro
6 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

I also like Roger's legend, so hopefully he sent you the code.

I like it also, and had coded it already. However, I had to be more flexible (safe) since the bullets come from the langage files, and can be easy redefined by user (e.g., set to empty).

MichaŇā

tngrlkrz
1 hour ago, Ken Roy said:

I think Ron is talking about the symbol within the boxes

Thanks Ken. You are correct.  Sorry, I misread.  I generally do not even display the text.  Michal may not need so many options. I think text mixed with symbols makes the text even more congested.

Roger said:

would add that I'd be happy to lose the icons in the text row where it already names the person's gender.

My  apologies for not reading thoroughly.  Late in day is no excuse.  I agree with Roger, no symbols in the text row looks better.

tngrlkrz
1 hour ago, Ken Roy said:

I also like Roger's legend, so hopefully he sent you the code

I again concur with Ken, and like Roger's legend.¬†¬†I had suggested some sort of explanation or legend in the early discussion¬†to explain the types of persons in the boxes. Roger took it a step further and provided an illustration which helps to promote the idea rather than just a suggestion¬†ūüėČ

theKiwi

My Mod that changes the Mod adds this line below the name

echo "<br/><span class=\"normal\">(Legend: {$text['pri']}=Starting Person; {$text['par']}=Parent; {$text['chi']}=Child; {$text['spo']}=Spouse) </span>";

Since my site is only in English I hard coded the words - they'd all need to be variables for language switching

Then my Mod Mod also changes the large bullet to the star

‚ėÖ

Roger

tngrlkrz

Thanks Roger,  looks good and will help users.  Yes,  will need variables for languages.

image.png

mjaro
4 minutes ago, tngrlkrz said:

Thanks Roger, 

Thanks also Ron and Ken.

As I mentioned I'd coded a Legend using $text[] variables and checkings if they allow to be used.  I'll include it in the next sub-version. On my test site it looks like the screen below.

Clipboard03.jpg

I've also added mod options for displaying gender icons. If I've understood your conclusions, the option is usefull only for boxes, as the textual paths don't need gender icon. Is it OK?

MichaŇā

Ken Roy

Michal,

I thought you had also previously fixed the following warning

PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\wamp64\www\tng\connections-graph.php on line 79 

or maybe it was only mentioned in one of the previous post how to fix it

tngrlkrz

Michal,

Looks good.  As to option for gender icons in boxes, only needed if some folks have asked for it, have they?

mjaro
3 minutes ago, tngrlkrz said:

Michal,

Looks good.  As to option for gender icons in boxes, only needed if some folks have asked for it, have they?

Yes, and it is mod option (visible to admins only), and not a form option (visible to users).

tngrlkrz
10 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

it was only mentioned in one of the previous post how to fix it

Last I remember, Michal was to work on it, but wasn't able to reproduce the warning. I get oodles of them logged when warnings turned on.

mjaro
8 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

Michal,

I thought you had also previously fixed the following warning

PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\wamp64\www\tng\connections-graph.php on line 79 

or maybe it was only mentioned in one of the previous post how to fix it

Ken, I believe this can occur only if there is an inconsistency in the database Maybe someone started adding a family and the session was broken? Maybe there is a family of 0 persons (containing neither a pair nor a single) ?

I you uncomment line 82 and run the program (i.e., enter Connections tab) you will see a looong text showing "parent-child" pairs, and in one place you will see the warning you mentioned. Maybe you can then detect which family ID is suspected (see previous and next parentID).

Or you could export gedcom and send it to me? 

No better idea so far :( 

MichaŇā

mahesh
16 hours ago, mjaro said:

Sorry, I should have written that the file I attached fits only to the newest 13.0.3.4 mod version.

Maybe in future you have it updated, and then please make the checking... My problem is that I don't use Wordpress :( 

MichaŇā

Mical,

My bad. I should have upgraded the version. Apologies for delay in responding.

With  mod version 13.0.3.4 and your cusotmized connections.php, I do get following display.

For tng v1302, I use Kloosterman's method for integration. First image is with Wordpress and second is without Wordpress. Apart from Wordpress playing hovoc with my CSS both are very similar.

Wiith Wordpress

coneections-wordpress-cusomized php.jpg

No Wordpress - TNG only

coneections-TNG-only-cusomized php.jpg

mahesh
13 minutes ago, mahesh said:

Mical,

My bad. I should have upgraded the version. Apologies for delay in responding.

With  mod version 13.0.3.4 and your cusotmized connections.php, I do get following display.

For tng v1302, I use Kloosterman's method for integration. First image is with Wordpress and second is without Wordpress. Apart from Wordpress playing hovoc with my CSS both are very similar.

Wiith Wordpress

coneections-wordpress-cusomized php.jpg

No Wordpress - TNG only

coneections-TNG-only-cusomized php.jpg

For completeness,  I add display , with and without Wordpress, using mod version 13.0.3.4 with its connections.php.

Wiith Wordpress

coneections-Wordpress-13034 php.jpg

No Wordpress - TNG only

coneections-TNG-only-13034 php.jpg

Ken Roy

I will see if I can find Michel's recommended fix, because I am getting lots of those messages. 

I was working on fixing PHP notices in some of my mods when I noticed lots of notices from your mod.  So I changed the option in the Prolog mod to E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

I will try to follow your recommendation above later this evening, otherwise it will be Thursday before I can get to try that out.

Edited - even if it is data related, you should change your code to not issue a Warning which in a future version might become a fatal error

tngrlkrz
59 minutes ago, mjaro said:

believe this can occur only if there is an inconsistency in the database

Michal,

You realize I have been getting these same warnings since the first version of the mod when I first posted the warnings?  I doubt Ken and I have the same inconsistency, possible, but unlikely. I have them with no other mods installed,..only prolog to capture warnings.  I might get over 4000 warnings for one connection search.

As to sending a gedcom, you may recall early this month (mod was named 'nextpaths' at that time) the issue we ran into with Person ID Prefix of 'P', rather than 'I'.

Have any of the other folks on this thread set error logging for warnings and able to confirm what Ken and I see?

fluffy82
18 hours ago, mjaro said:

fits only to the newest 13.0.3.4 mod version

If you publish 13.0.3.5 or 13.0.4.0 (no idea what the next number will be), don't forget to attach the correct Dutch language file. The version online now, contains the one you sent me with a couple of English words to be translated and some other mistakes that I changed in the meanime, not the one  returned to you.

Dutch-UTF8_custtext-correct_version.php

mjaro
25 minutes ago, fluffy82 said:

If you publish

Thanks, and sorry for mistake - I'll try to be more carefull.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.