TNG Community

MOD - Statistics and medias

Bkvin

Hi,

I created a Mod for my personal development and I share it with everyone. I don't know where to put it on the wiki, I tried to download the Mod from the upload page but this page only considers images.

Description :

This mod allows to add the documents (images) of birth, marriage and death linked to sources in family report.
It also allows you to display progress statistics in the text tree. The information includes the number of birth, marriage and death certificates found in relation to the theoretical number of certificates for the chosen generation.

Enjoy :) !

Kb_mod_v13.0.0.0.zip

1 hour ago, Bkvin said:

I don't know where to put it on the wiki, I tried to download the Mod from the upload page but this page only considers images.

You should now be able to upload the zip file to the TNG Wiki and create the appropriate mod article in the Mods for TNG v13 category.

When I upgraded the TNG Wiki over the week end, I left out the change we make to the MediaWiki software to allow zip files to be uploaded.  I have now fixed it.

Sorry about that.

You might want to take a look at Mod Guidelines article on the standards for creating mods.  I take it you are Mac user since your mod is within a folder name which means it cannot be extracted directly to the mods folder, so that the Mod Manager can find the mod to install. 

Michel KIRSCH

Kevin,

I see that you take example on the sosa mod to elaborate your cfg file.

Very well.

But don't forget to delete the parts of my cfg you don't use :

- Line 3 and lines 14 to 18 if they are not used.

Only the lines enclosed between a % and a %end:%  are code lines. All the rest are comment.

If you make more than one change in a file, it is not necessary to repeat the %target:xxx% line for every change.

Other very important thing :

If you plan to use the tng_sosa_php file for your mod, don't forget to include it into your mod, because not everyone uses Sosa !

But change its name ! If you plan to use one part of the tng_sosa_php file, use your own xxx.php file with the code you need, or deleting your mod will also delete the tng_sosa.php file

and the Sosa users will be very surprised ... and will ask me questions about Sosa which doen't works any more :-).

Michel

Michel

Michel KIRSCH

Kevin,

je crois que tu fais fausse route. Je n'ai pas le temps d'analyser ce que tu veux faire, mais je crois

que tu vas à la catastrophe en multipliant les include de fichiers comme tu le fais.

Si tu veux utiliser les fonctions des fichiers natifs de TNG comme personlib.php, il est inutile de créer ton propre personlib.php...

Le site renseigné sur ton profil https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=User:Bkvin n'est plus d'actualité.

I think you're on the wrong track. I don't have the time to analyze what you want to do, but I believe

that you go to the disaster by multiplying file includes as you do.

If you want to use the functions of the native TNG files like personlib.php, it's useless to create your own personlib.php...

The site filled in your profile https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=User:Bkvin is no longer relevant.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Michel

Kevin,

you may want to read the Mod Guidelines and several of the other Mod Manager articles.   A mod named Kb is not meaningful to anyone other than yourself.

Also the zip file is a folder that includes the mod .cfg file and the mod folder, which means that those of us you extract mods directly into the TNG mods folder do not see your mod because it is wrapped in another folder name

Michel KIRSCH
10 minutes ago, Bkvin said:

upload my two files in TNG wiki :

Rapid analysis on MediaRptFam Mod:

1) Each time you call sosa_query_KB, you call the check_create_table_KB function.

This function checks if the sosa table exists and if not, create it.

So Users who don't use sosa have a new useless table in their DB.

Solution : Comment the check_create_table_KB line and delete the function.

2) Each time you call the getSosa function, you recalculate all the sosa of a tree to found the sosa of the current person. Hope your trees are small...

You designate directly in the code the sosa1 for each of your trees.

For the another users, the get_sosa function will always returns 0 (zero)

How can we see your Mod at work?

Ok thanks for your comment, I changed the mod. I haven't updated it. The MediaRptFam mod displays the images attached to the sources, the Sosa function allows to calculate the number according to a source person of a tree (function for my genealogy). normally for others it returns nothing.

you can test on family reports and for the other mod in the display of a person's ancestors, text part.