TNG Community
johnl-mpls

Synology Install and "Please wait, attempting to process..."

johnl-mpls

I'm stuck on step 6 of the Readme HTML installation guide with the dreaded "Please wait, attempting to process..." message.

TNG v12.3, MariaDB 10, PHP 7.2, DB name: "tng", DB username: "tng-local".  I'm running the Readme from the URL to the web volume on the Synology DS916.  Also have referenced SKDavis' install guide for Synology.

I believe I have followed all of the other steps without missing or having issues.  Screen shots attached to show privileges, versions, etc.  (password omitted on screen shot but included during install).  Have googled this and tried other suggestions, but I appear to be overlooking or misunderstanding something.

Appreciate any guidance for this rookie mistake.

Thanks.

John

connect1.PNG

connect2.PNG

connect3.PNG

connect3b.PNG

connect4.PNG

connect5.PNG

connect6.PNG

connect7.PNG

connect8.PNG

connect10.PNG

dlassen

Which PHP version/profile is your virtual host setup pointing to? (I am running v. 7.2 for my tng which is v. 13.x - not sure if which version is required for 12.x, but it should be either 7.0 or 7.2):

image.png

Larry G

I'm even more of a newbie on this.  Just purchased a new synology 220+ and tng 13, and now starting to figure out how to set up the website on my synology and get tng working there.  I see you refer to "SKDavis' install guide for Synology" .  Would you mind telling me where I can find that?

t present I've downloaded Webstation, MariaDB5, phpmyadmin, php5.6, 7.0, and 7.2 and am kind of stuck there! Hoping if I can review this guide referred to above, I can move a little bit further along!

johnl-mpls
9 hours ago, dlassen said:

Which PHP version/profile is your virtual host setup pointing to? (I am running v. 7.2 for my tng which is v. 13.x - not sure if which version is required for 12.x, but it should be either 7.0 or 7.2):

Thanks for the reply.  I only have 7.2 installed on my system, even though it is named "7.0".  I checked the online table of versions vs. PHP versions and it looks like TNG 12.3 is fine with 7.2.

johnl-mpls
7 hours ago, Larry G said:

I'm even more of a newbie on this.  Just purchased a new synology 220+ and tng 13, and now starting to figure out how to set up the website on my synology and get tng working there.  I see you refer to "SKDavis' install guide for Synology" .  Would you mind telling me where I can find that?

t present I've downloaded Webstation, MariaDB5, phpmyadmin, php5.6, 7.0, and 7.2 and am kind of stuck there! Hoping if I can review this guide referred to above, I can move a little bit further along!

Hi Larry,

Welcome to Synology!  Here's the site I was referencing:

https://skdavis.net/viewtopic.php?t=6

I initially installed MariaDB5, but later switched to MariaDB10.  I only have PHP 7.2 installed, but I definitely had some weirdnesses during my install where I had to remove PHPMyAdmin along with MariaDB and PHP and then update Webstation before reinstalling the other bits again.  That got me through the first few steps, up to where I'm stuck now.  Hopefully I'll get through my brickwall and can point you down the right path  :-)

Best regards,

John

Giftzwerg

Hello John,

I only use a 216 and also have very limited experience.
After much trial and error, I have had success with the following settings:

Host Name: localhost
Database Name: your database
Database Username: Your username
Database Port: 3307
Database Socket: /run/mysqld/mysqld10.sock

Maybe it helps you

Many greetings
Horst

Larry G

John - have you got anywhere with this?  I am getting the same "please wait - attempting to process..."   as well.

Larry

johnl-mpls

Horst,

Thank you for your suggestion.  Unfortunately it didn't seem to make a difference for me, but it did give me some additional Google search results to chase down.

MfG,

John

johnl-mpls
20 hours ago, Larry G said:

John - have you got anywhere with this?  I am getting the same "please wait - attempting to process..."   as well.

Larry

Larry,

Nope, sadly still stuck.  Struggled with this for a bit more but have lately had it tabled aside from additional searching.  Am thinking of trying it on my remote website next just to confirm I can get it running on something, then coming back to the Synology.

John

Larry G
On 2/16/2021 at 6:52 AM, johnl-mpls said:

Larry,

Nope, sadly still stuck.  Struggled with this for a bit more but have lately had it tabled aside from additional searching.  Am thinking of trying it on my remote website next just to confirm I can get it running on something, then coming back to the Synology.

John

stuck in same situation.  Am impatiently waiting for an acquaintance that is an IT guy to try and help me when he gets a chance.  Will let you know if I make any headway.

johnl-mpls

Larry,

I have resolved my problem --

It appears I had an invalid password at one time (contained an apostrophe) and that confuses the parsing of config.php.  Once it is written with the apostrophe, it appears it can not be written again.  So it was the write of config.php that was failing, not the connection to the database.

I resolved this by downloading config.php, editing out the old password and replacing it with "password123", then uploading it and chmod'd it to 666 just to be sure.  Then next time I tried step 6, I got "Information saved but connection failed" as expected (since I used another fake password in the dialog).  When I use the correct password (that doesn't contain an apostrophe now), I get "Information saved, connection verified!"

For me the key was seeing that config.php wasn't writing, and Darrin's insight into the apostrophe.

See what the timestamp is on your config.php.  Is it writing before attempting to connect?

Thanks!

John