TNG Community

Mobile Site Enhancements

FettesI

I have a problem with the latest version of this mod. In ver 11/12 there was an option added to the Map Setup in Admin titled "Event Map section behavior", whereby an option "start with expanded section" allowed the display to be condensed to some 75 px high with a button option to expand. The newest version, while allowing a button option to Load Map, still shows the full 400 px display.

See attached map1 and map2 examples. These are from a normal PC display, I don't know what they look like from  a mobile as have not used in that manner.

My database has some 100, 000 places, less than 50% with coordinates, meaning that most map displays show little helpful information. The space without the map loaded looks ugly (in my view) and I know some of my users with failing eyesight will find it less desirable than previously.

Would it be possible to provide the option in lieu of the current Load Map so that it worked as previously (but without the actual map loading in the background as that was using bandwidth unnecessarily)?

map1.jpg

map2.jpg

Ian,

That is not part of the Mobile Site Enhancements mod.  It was part of another mod, but it got broken when Robin reworked Erik Hoppe's OpenStreetMap mod and I have not had a change to fix it.

I also asked Robin to change his Person Regroup Profile mod so that any of the 3 event map mods could be installed:

Sorry, but I am not going to be able to fix the Mobile Person Map mod any time soon.

However, as I write this and looked at your pictures above, and it appears that all you would need to do is install Bart's Person Map mod.

Thanks for the reply. I have now loaded and tried Bart's Person Map, but it still does not do what I desire.

Will leave for the moment.

Have you tried setting the options in Map Settings for

Start with expanded section:  set to No

Allow to toggle the visibility  set to Yes

Yes, tried those options. Still shows the full map section, with the actual map portion about half screen width, showing place names etc in the wider area.

• 5 months later...

I had the same problem at first. For me CTL+F5 worked. Perhaps clear your cache. Mine did exactly the same thing but cleared up immediately.