TNG Community

How to "Apply rights to multiple trees"

NicoM

Hello,

I have created one new user and several trees which I want to link to that one user.

I know that in "Admin Home" there is a Point "Access Limits" where one should be abe to select several trees from the list of all trees. But, impossible to do so. I can always only select the name of one tree.

Could you please tell me how to proceed in order to select several trees at a time.

Thank you

Nico

In the user edit, if you tick the box 'apply rights to multiple trees', then a dropdown of trees will be available for you to select multiple trees

manofmull

"Highlight one tree, press "shift" on keyboard and select the tree next to it, so both are highlighted (save/exit)"

I have 10 trees but can´t do as you say. I want a user to get access to 2 of those trees (tree 3 and 6) and then it is not possible to use your suggestion.
Leif Sweden

1 hour ago, Leif Sweden said:

I have 10 trees but can´t do as you say. I want a user to get access to 2 of those trees (tree 3 and 6) and then it is not possible to use your suggestion.

Highlight tree 3. Hold down the control key and highlight tree 6 - that should select them both

Roger

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Roger,

Late answer but I have not visit the site for a while.
No, I can´t do that. I highlight the first tree and do as you say but  the next tree is not highlighted, just marked. When I click save only the first tree is saved.

Leif

• 2 months later...

Leif, I have the same problem as you. One of my users already has access to 8 trees. If I try to assign a further tree to him in the user administration, it is refused. I can try what I want. It's not working. Neither with Shift nor with CTRL. Does anyone know advice?

Darrin helped to solve the problem:

The problem is that all the tree IDs assigned to the user have to be concatenated and fit into a field that is 128 characters wide. That's the "gedcom" field in the tng_users table. If you need it to be larger so you can accommodate more trees, you will need to use phpMyAdmin or a similar database tool to increase the width of that field to something large enough to accommodate your needs.

Thank you Darrin!

Leif Sweden

Thanks Nico for information,

Unfortunately I am useless in that kind of working, it had been wonderful to be able to use that to my 10 trees.

Maybe someone could fix a Mod for that?

Leif

Michel KIRSCH

Leif,

before trying to allow multiple trees, you must check the radio button "Apply rights to multiple trees"

Then , in the list click on the first tree you want to allow, then hold the Ctrl key pressed and

select the other tree(s)

then save

Michel

Leif multiple trees.JPG

Merci Michel, 

That‘s what I had done. But as I had already assigned a lot of trees (13) to one user, their names filled the 128 caracters width of the concerned database field. That‘s why no further tree could be added. Only after increasing the database filed width, I can now add further trees.

Michel KIRSCH

I know Nico,

my answer was for Leif who try to designate multiple trees for a user...

Michel

:-)

Leif Sweden
16 hours ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

Leif,

before trying to allow multiple trees, you must check the radio button "Apply rights to multiple trees"

Then , in the list click on the first tree you want to allow, then hold the Ctrl key pressed and

select the other tree(s)

then save

Michel

Leif multiple trees.JPG

Hi Michel,

Thanks for your tip, I have already tried with all that. But as I understood from NicoM I first have to change the field in "tng_users" table to 128 characters wide and a lot more in phpMuAdmin or similar (see below).

That is why I was asking for a Mod but maybe it is easy to change as below?
Can I do this within TNG or do I have to go to my site?

Leif

The problem is that all the tree IDs assigned to the user have to be concatenated and fit into a field that is 128 characters wide. That's the "gedcom" field in the tng_users table. If you need it to be larger so you can accommodate more trees, you will need to use phpMyAdmin or a similar database tool to increase the width of that field to something large enough to accommodate your needs.