TNG Community
NicoM

How to "Apply rights to multiple trees"

NicoM

Hello,

I have created one new user and several trees which I want to link to that one user.

I know that in "Admin Home" there is a Point "Access Limits" where one should be abe to select several trees from the list of all trees. But, impossible to do so. I can always only select the name of one tree.

Could you please tell me how to proceed in order to select several trees at a time.

Thank you

Nico

manofmull

Nico

See the pic for an example.

If you have say three trees and you want the user to have rights to two of them.

Highlight one tree, press "shift" on keyboard and select the tree next to it, so both are highlighted (save/exit)

If the trees are not adjacent, select one at a time and save/stay until finished.

The user will still be able to see all trees but have rights to the two or more selected.

Trees.jpg

tngrlkrz

In the user edit, if you tick the box 'apply rights to multiple trees', then a dropdown of trees will be available for you to select multiple trees

NicoM

Thank you Manofmull and Ron. 

Following your advice, my problem could be solved.

Regards

Nico

Leif Sweden

manofmull

"Highlight one tree, press "shift" on keyboard and select the tree next to it, so both are highlighted (save/exit)"

I have 10 trees but can´t do as you say. I want a user to get access to 2 of those trees (tree 3 and 6) and then it is not possible to use your suggestion.
Leif Sweden

manofmull

Leif

If the trees are not adjacent in the list, select one at a time and save/stay until finished (then save/exit). 

Does this not work?

theKiwi
1 hour ago, Leif Sweden said:

I have 10 trees but can´t do as you say. I want a user to get access to 2 of those trees (tree 3 and 6) and then it is not possible to use your suggestion.

Highlight tree 3. Hold down the control key and highlight tree 6 - that should select them both

Roger

Leif Sweden

Hi Roger,

Late answer but I have not visit the site for a while.
No, I can´t do that. I highlight the first tree and do as you say but  the next tree is not highlighted, just marked. When I click save only the first tree is saved.

Leif