TNG Community

Media Collections issue

Pops57

I'm having an issue with a Media Collection I created called "Profile Summary". Basically, it's a collection of Word documents that a user/ relative has written on certain of our ancestors. I created the "Profile Summary" collection some time back but have noticed that when choosing one of the documents from the Media dropdown menu/ Profile Summary, rather than loading, it opens a Save As dialogue box as if I was going to save a file in a folder. In troubleshooting, I notice the reason is that the target of the file is: my site name/profile summaries folder, file name as opposed to "my site name/showmedia.php?mediaID=xxx". So, in other words, I can see that my Profile Summary collection is not pointing to the showmedia.php file as it should. All other Media Collections, including other new ones I added like Obituaries, Military Records, etc. do point to the showmedia.php file and work as they should.

I've reviewed the Wiki and the Help files for creating new media collections and believe (?) I have set it up correctly. I even tried deleting and starting all over to no avail. Incidentally, when clicking the Delete button beside the Media collection dropdown, it does not delete, and perhaps that's a hint. I have cleared cache several times as well.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Mike

v13.0.2

Template 207

Mike,

You may want to check that the collation sequence on the new Image Tags (tng_image_tags) table is the same as the rest of your database.  I suspect it has the same problem as your Census Plus International tables

Thank you Ken. You are very kind to be so helpful and patient.

I feel like I'm wearing you out with my problems. I want to fix them myself but I obviously can't seem to. :)

I checked, and all my databases are set to utf8_general_ci. 

And I didn't have the guts to tell you , but my  Add & Edit Person functions still don't work if my Census Plus International is installed. While uninstalling CPI fixes the Add Person issue, it has no effect on this Profile Summary Media Collection issue.

So, I may have some other issues yet. Again, thank you and I'll try whatever you suggest.

Mike 

Mike,

If you do not provide the feedback that my suggestion did not fix your problem, then others cannot chime in with maybe a different suggestion as to what is causing the problem.

Sorry I do not have the time to go figure it out on your site.  Fighting too many MediaWiki upgrade problems.

Ken,

Ok, I understand. Just trying to figure things out on my own as much as I can. I also understand how busy you are with other issues.

Thanks again.

Mike,

I am not the only one who might be able to provide help for the Media Collection issue.

Good catch Michael,

I did not read the problem closely enough and never expected Media Collections to be build for Word documents.   TNG v13 opens .txt files and .pdf files directly