TNG Community
ebelew

Is there a blank template page?

ebelew

I'd like to create a few pages that are simply "articles". So I need the header/menus and footer to show up and I'll just put the text/images/links in the body area.

Does TNG 13 have a page I could rename and start with to accomplish this?

Thx

Philip Roy

https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=User_Pages_-_Getting_Started

Phil

ebelew
3 minutes ago, Philip Roy said:

https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=User_Pages_-_Getting_Started

Phil

Thanks. That's a good start.

ebelew

All of this works. I've put my custom pages in /extrapgs/ folder and all is well. I'm taking it that a new TNG version will not affect these pages?

Next on this project is adding menu items. If I add menu items to the site will a new TNG upgrade wipe them out or is there a way to do this like the custom page or mods?

Philip Roy

Glad you got that sorted. Those extra pages shouldn’t be affected by an update as they are effectively new (separate) files you’ve added to your install and won’t be overwritten. But always do a backup as they say.

Re the menu, can I suggest first you search the forum as that has been discussed before. But yes, as you will be altering core code, that will always be impacted by an update.

if you can’t find the code or mod that helps, perhaps start a new post, so this one remains focussed on adding pages and doesn’t go off on a tangent?

Phil