TNG Community
MBaisdon

Event Map Layout issue

MBaisdon

I am using TNG 13 and wordpress with the official wordpress/tng plugin.  I am having an issue where the pins and even the Event Map label on the left are being put half way down, not at the top.  I have tried all kinds of edits to make it show correctly but can not determine what is causing this.  If I load the page directly everything is showing correctly, and if I choose a generic WP theme it shows correctly.  Everything else on this wp theme shows correctly just having this issue on the getperson of an individual.  You can see in the attachment how it is displaying.

map.jpg

RickM
3 minutes ago, MBaisdon said:

I am using TNG 13 and wordpress with the official wordpress/tng plugin.  I am having an issue where the pins and even the Event Map label on the left are being put half way down, not at the top.  I have tried all kinds of edits to make it show correctly but can not determine what is causing this.  If I load the page directly everything is showing correctly, and if I choose a generic WP theme it shows correctly.  Everything else on this wp theme shows correctly just having this issue on the getperson of an individual.  You can see in the attachment how it is displaying.

I have had similar issues with Wordpress and different Themes..

And different Themes require different css changes.. And how to apply the changes also is an issue because TNG does not have the specificity with css to control some of the problematic areas, when using Wordpress..

If you can provide a link to your site and a page that shows the issue, I will see if I can figure the css out to resolve it.

Renze

In "style.css, search for "th, td, caption" (line 132)

add the following to the code
vertical-align: top;

RickM
14 minutes ago, Renze said:

In "style.css, search for "th, td, caption" (line 132)

add the following to the code
vertical-align: top;

This does work, however, this now sets the vertical alignment for EVERY (depending on if an id or class has been added to that tag and that id or class has css style added against it) th & td cell as well as table captions. So be aware of this going forward.

Edited by RickM
Qualified my answer

MBaisdon

I just tried it and it did fix the map issue, thanks Renze.  Didn't even think to look there.

Thanks for the note RickM, I will keep that in mind.

MBaisdon

I do have one more layout difference, the persons name and years are being put under their default picture.  Again like the last if I use the direct tng url or a different WP theme it shows beside the picture.  This one isn't a big issue like the map but if you know what is needed there as well.