TNG Community
manofmull

Submit Photo/Doc mod

manofmull

Earlier today the Worksheet mod and the Submit Photo/Doc mods would not  work for me.

I suspected that the change of prefix letter from "I" to "P" was the problem and Rick Bisbee kindly confirmed this with his FGW mod.

He's now in the process of updating to a new version to accommodate any prefix letter.

I took a look at the Submit Photo/Doc mod .cfg myself, and sure enough there were two instances of "I" which I changed to "P".

However, I still cannot get the mod to work. Would someone please take a look at the mod and enable it to work with P (or any) prefix letter.

I should mention that I had first used prefix "I" but switched to "P" via changeprefix_11.1.0.2  mod

tngrlkrz

The prefix is not the issue.  I believe the two incidences of "I" in submit_photo.php do not refer to the personID prefix, but  to "I" for Individual vs. "F" for Family.  

On my test site, I tried the mod with both 'I' and 'P' prefix.  In both cases, the mod returned this PHP error:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'PHPMailer' not found in ................../submit_photo.php:150

It's possible I have something not setup right for emails, but I have other mods working which do sent emails.

Ron

manofmull

Ron

Thanks for taking a look. Your first para about "I" is confusing to me. "I" or "P" for individual is the prefix letter, no?

I have no idea why the mod is not working for me.

I tried testing it myself and I get the impression that the selected image is not being loaded.

Happy to give anyone access should they require it. I'd really like to get this working.

RickM

Hey MOM,

New Years wishes to you and yours from this part of the world!!

Not sure if this might help you or not but found on the wiki

https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Submit_Photo_/_Doc_Mod_results_in_no_email_being_received_by_Site_Owner

I'm happy to have a nosey, if you are happy to pm me appropriate login details..

tngrlkrz
4 hours ago, manofmull said:

Thanks for taking a look. Your first para about "I" is confusing to me. "I" or "P" for individual is the prefix letter, no?

In that mod, the "I" and "F" are used internally for People records and Family records, respectively.  The prefix is a different data field, has nothing to do with those internal assignments. The submit_photo mod is not yet tested for TNG 13, might be related to that, not sure. 

Was this mod working for you ever in TNG 13? 

manofmull
4 hours ago, RickM said:

Hey MOM,

New Years wishes to you and yours from this part of the world!!

Not sure if this might help you or not but found on the wiki

https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Submit_Photo_/_Doc_Mod_results_in_no_email_being_received_by_Site_Owner

I'm happy to have a nosey, if you are happy to pm me appropriate login details..

hi Rick

That link relates to TNG & Wordpress which I don't have.

I'll pm you

manofmull
23 minutes ago, tngrlkrz said:

In that mod, the "I" and "F" are used internally for People records and Family records, respectively.  The prefix is a different data field, has nothing to do with those internal assignments. The submit_photo mod is not yet tested for TNG 13, might be related to that, not sure.  

Ron

Not tested? oh well, sounds like this could be the problem!

No, never had it working with TNG13

If someone using TNG13.0.2 (as I am) can try the mod to see if it works for them, I'll know whether it's my problem.

However, I suspect the mod might need updating?  Jeff Robison where are you!?

tngrlkrz
7 minutes ago, manofmull said:

Ron

Not tested? oh well, sounds like this could be the problem!

If someone using TNG13.0.2 (as I am) can try the mod to see if it works for them, I'll know whether it's my problem.

However, I suspect the mod might need updating?  Jeff Robison where are you!?

As I noted, last night I tested on TNG 13.0.2 and got the PHP error I posted.  But it sounds like this is your first use of the mod on TNG 13?  Submit_Photo_Mod  does not have a TNG 13 icon on the wiki, whereas the Submit_Photo/Document_Form_Mod does.

manofmull
8 minutes ago, tngrlkrz said:

As I noted, last night I tested on TNG 13.0.2 and got the PHP error I posted.  But it sounds like this is your first use of the mod on TNG 13?  

Ron

I edited my answer above just as this came in.

The mod has not worked for me with TNG13

I admit to being confused with the two mods, I thought one had replaced the other.

tngrlkrz

Was it working on TNG 12.3 for you?   I don't use these mods.  However,  the native TNG 'suggest.php' works fine  which does create an email successfully on my sites, test and live.  The mail protocols are not in my skillset.

manofmull

Ron

The Submit Photo mod worked in TNG12

I only just noticed this and wonder if it was a later requirement?

An installed version of Submit Photo/Document Form Mod.

I tried the the two mods plus the tabs one and it doesn't work.

Submit_Photo_Mod  does not have a TNG 13 icon on the wiki as you say, and this might be the problem.

Ken Roy

While Ron and I have updated several of Jeff Robison's mod, someone who uses the mods that do not work in TNG v13+ will need to provide the updates to those mods.

tngrlkrz

Hi Ken,  the mod revision history shows on October 3rd, you noted TNG 13 approval of the Submit_Photo/Document_Form_Mod .  I think, in this case, it meant the mod installs OK, but not necessarily tested.  We were going through a lot of mods back then, and in some cases where we didn't use the mod, we just checked to see if it installs OK.

Ken Roy

Ron,

That is exactly why I posted my answer the way I did in the previous post.  It is not reasonable to expect someone who does not use the mod to verify that it works.

Of course these days too many users do not see the need or the value to the developers to update the mod article to show they are use the mod, so we have no clue on who is using a mod and who is in a position to take a mod over. 

tngrlkrz
17 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

Of course these days too many users do not see the need or the value to the developers to update the mod article to show they are use the mod

Agree wholeheartedly.  There are some users who regrettably think it too much bother to update the site user list for the mod. This mod is quite popular, judging by the user list, but this mod, I should add though, has the brief website only version of the site user list,  without any indication of mod version or tng version used.  

But hard to believe it's not working for everyone on TNG 13 because of the long list, so I suspect somebody will speak up.

tngrlkrz

Michael,

In either the submitphotoform cfg file (line 252) before installation, or directly in submit_photo.php (line 150) after installing (it is created by the mod) try replacing this line:

$mail = new PHPMailer();

with this:

$mail = new PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer($options);

Had a successful test on my sandbox TNG 13.0.2 website, with no PHP error generated.  The submitted photo was delivered to my email.  I may even start using the mod😉

I had reviewed the tngmaillib.php for similar usage and found different syntax.

If that works for you, the wiki mod will need updating and the version bumped.

manofmull

Ron

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Apparently, this mod has to be installed as well as the Submit Photo mod, plus the tab mod.

tngrlkrz
5 hours ago, manofmull said:

Ron

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Apparently, this mod has to be installed as well as the Submit Photo mod, plus the tab mod.

Yes,  the SubmitPhotoForm is the'base' form for a couple other mods, and I believe does nothing without the other mod(s). You only need one of the other mods, since it just changes where you find the link.  I didn't install the tab mod, which likely puts the option in a tab, rather than a link next to the name header (the one I tested successfully).  I had thought said you were using the mod in TNG 12? 

Update: I tested the 'tab' mod with success as well. It puts a tab in the tng menu.  Both these mods might conflict with some others which modify the person profile page via genlib.php.I didn't have much else installed at the time.

Update2: I verified that the following TNG13.01 change  in TNG's tngmaillib.php is also needed in the SubmitPhotoForm mod, to avoid  the logged PHP fatal error ... PHPMailer class 'not found'.

// Update for the new namespace security.
            $mail = new PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer($options);

Which before in TNG 12.3 was:

$mail = new PHPMailer($options);

Ron

tngrlkrz

In author's stead, I posted a new version of Submit_Photo/Document_Form_Mod which is updated to work on TNG 13.x.  The other two associated mods should require no change.  I will alert the author, Jeff Robison.

bhemph

It looks like it was 13.0.1 patch when the change to upgrade PHPMailer actually took place, even though it was in the TNG 13.0.0 release notes.

tngrlkrz

Thanks Brent.  I will update the mod version accordingly to 13.0.1.2, instead of 13.0.0.2.   I may not have looked at the 13.0.0 distribution.

manofmull

Ron

Many thanks for updating the mod for TNG13, very much appreciated.

I tested myself this morning and it works OK.