TNG Community

Private Media Flag

Rob Severijns

Rob Severijns

Hello everyone,

I have several media files that are provided to me by family members.

The deal is that I can use the media files as long as they are not visible within the family tree and as long as certain family members are still alive.

This means these media files need to be marked as Private.

Setting the media files marked as Private results in these files being visible to users with rights to view Private content only.

It would be nice if the Private flag could, by default be set as mentioned above and that besides that there is an option to override this setting for specific Inividuals and/or families.

Basicly saying: Private for all except for users who have the right to view Private content set in the User rights and specific Individuals and/or Families  set for each applicable media file.

This creates the possibility for the provider of the media file to view that specic media file.

Hope this explanation is clear enough.

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

I second this suggestion.

Was happy to see the ability to mark media as private as a  V13 feature, however was hoping for something more like the Private Media Mod implementation (developed by Chris Moss), where media can be marked as private using a seperate setting to the already existing  "Private Individual " setting.

In V13 if a user is assigned the right to view private individuals they are also assigned the right to view private media.

Seperation of the two - one setting for viewing private individuals and another for viewing private media would be ideal.

Mark

Michel KIRSCH

Hi All,

This Mod was written before TNG v13.

It is provided to mark some media that can ONLY be seen by your registered users. (with or without special rights)

Maybe you can modify it to get what you want?

Michel

https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Secret_medias