TNG Community

Report to identify duplicate COUPLES

nadinemenezes

nadinemenezes

Hi all

Can anyone please assist me with a report query that will show duplicate couple entries. There is a lot of endogamy in my tree and I would like to identify if the same couple has been entered more than once. 

Thanks in advance!

SELECT personID, lastname, firstname, birthdate, living, p.gedcom, et.tag AS Event, et.description, e.info FROM tng_people AS p
LEFT JOIN tng_events AS e ON (e.persfamID=p.personID AND e.gedcom=p.gedcom)
LEFT JOIN tng_eventtypes AS et ON e.eventtypeID=et.eventtypeID
WHERE tag='EVEN' AND description='Spousename' GROUP BY personID, info HAVING COUNT(*)>1 ORDER BY lastname, firstname, birthdatetr; 

Not sure if this will give you what you want the description is as follows

Wifes with duplicate marriage names (check for data plausibility)

Vrouwen met een dubbele trouw naam. (Check naar de integriteit van de gegevens)

This Query is from one of the reports in the

Category:Henny Savenije - Reports

on the TNG Wiki

Have you made a change to the report?? If I run the report here I get headings 'LIVING' 'TREE' between 'BIRTHDATE' & 'EVENT'

Dbl-Families.jpg

May I suggest also that you run the report from the Admin Reports Menu.. That way you can check the Query and if an error is produced get an idea of what that error is..

nadinemenezes

Which parts of the query do I need to amend to suit my tree? I suspect thats why it is not working for me? 

I also dont know how to run it from admin to check for errors

You shouldn't 'need' to change the query to suit your 'Tree'. I do recall reading that different php versions treat sql queries slightly differently which meant the need to specify a tree, but cannot recall where I read that..

As for 'Running' a report from the admin screen.. Whilst in the Admin >> Reports screen you will see three boxes on the left of the inner screen.. the left most one is for 'Editing' the middle to 'Delete' and the right is to 'Test' the Report. Click on the Test box for the report you want to 'Run'..

duplicate.jpg

Nadine,

Everything seem to be correct in the running of that Query, so perhaps it is not quite the right query you need to show what you are wanting.

Do you know of any 'couples'/families that have a duplicate entry and or any individuals that have a duplicate entry?? If so then obviously this query is not right for what you are asking, if not then unless someone else has used this query and had it find duplicate couples/families then I have exhausted the help I can provide.. I found this report here on the TNG Wiki

Category:Henny Savenije - Reports

You might find something better there.

I have no idea about SQL and creating reports, I remain however, at your service.. I will help with anything I can so please ask