TNG Community
Ed R

Add Space in header and Google Map key

Ed R

Hi,

I need to add additional space between the header and subheader. The top part of the text and image are cut off by the header. I use Chrome, Firefox and Brave for my browsers and the page appears the same in all three browsers.

Screenshot 2021-01-04 185122.png

Also, I am wondering what is the average cost of Google Map? .When I went to sign up for a key, it ask for my credit card information. I don't like surprises when my credit card arrives. My site will recieve fewer than one hundred visitors a month.

Thank you,

Ed Reeners 

mkmcgold

Can't comment on the spacing of your header but I have had Google Map for almost a year and I have probably the same number of visitors as you. There is no cost, I have never even gotten close to the threshold of having to pay. 

RickM
1 hour ago, Ed R said:

I need to add additional space between the header and subheader. The top part of the text and image are cut off by the header. I use Chrome, Firefox and Brave for my browsers and the page appears the same in all three browsers.

Ed,

Could you provide a link to your site, along with the template you are using please.. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out how to add the additional spacing..

RickM

Hey Ed,

I believe you are using Template 15, based on the styling rules I see..

You will need to add this to the templates/template15/css/mytngstyle.css file.. Yo9u can change the 50px to suit 48px will place the image on the bottom of the nav bar

.site-header .wrap {
    margin: 50px auto;
    padding: 0;
}

Hope this helps..

fluffy82
7 hours ago, Ed R said:

My site will recieve fewer than one hundred visitors a month.

The first $200/month worth of visits are free. That's about 20,000 individual clicks per month. The payment is designed to charge big businesses, not small prawns like us.

Ed R

Hi Rick,

I tried adding the code as you suggested, and there was no change to the header. The file was uploaded and the the browser cache was cleared before checking. If this helps, I had the same problem when using other templates.

Thank you.

Ed Reeners

Screenshot 2021-01-05 211145.png