TNG Community

Daniel Cooley

DanC

Late in 2018 I had such a hassle with installing TNG in WordPress that it left me traumatized for two years. I am returning and now find that I can't get to my TNG Administration page through WordPress. 2 years ago my email and password for WordPress dashboard were the same for TNG. Now TNG doesn't even recognize my email. The trauma continues. Can I get to TNG Admin another way? How can I re-establish myself at TNG? Please provide specific instructions not a summary of what to do.

DBC locked out of TNG administration.jpg

What does the top part of that screen look like?

What is the URL to your site - to the site's main page, and what is the name of the folder that TNG is installed in?

Roger

When I go to the link you have set for "URL to TNG Admin" 

http://danbcooley.com/tng/admin_login.php?continue=1

I get the prompt to login

If you do this (click the link above) can you log in there?

If not, can you reset your password - fill in your eMail address and Username in the two boxes on right and click the lower Go button?

Roger

No. Cannot log in and my email is unknown to TNG. See why I posted. I'm locked out of TNG.

Error message: The e-mail address you provided does not match any user account currently on record. No information has been sent.

Something has changed at TNG in the last year.

The two-year nightmare continues

Michel KIRSCH

Dan,

did you take a look into your tng_users table via phpMyAdmin?

Are you defined as admin of your own TNG site?

Michel

2 hours ago, DanC said:

No. Cannot log in and my email is unknown to TNG. See why I posted. I'm locked out of TNG.

Error message: The e-mail address you provided does not match any user account currently on record. No information has been sent.

Something has changed at TNG in the last year.

The two-year nightmare continues

How many Users did your site have? If only you, then this is easy...

If you can access the phpMyAdmin for your site, go there and look at the tng_users table for your database. What eMail address is showing there for your user - if any?

If you're the only user, delete the line that is there in the tng_users table. Then you can go to TNG Admin and get in without knowing what your username and password were, and set up yourself as a new user.

Roger

Only user.

It's not easy Roger. I went to cPanel and searched for phpMyAdmin, no such file. I searched for tng_users table, no such file. You will have to be more specific in how to find these files. Actually aren't you advising me to set my site up again? That's already been done with my email address of 25 years. Also, my site works and I regularly update it.

I was going through these processes to prepare for TNG-13. All of this worked 6 months ago. I have never futzed with my initial setup for two years. I'm superstitious about software. If it works, don't fix it. Since TNG-12 works, that's all I need.

This is outrageous that I can't go to my TNG administration page another way besides WordPress, the worst software ever written in the cyber age (besides MS Word). Even with 5000 options you can't be everything for everybody.

1 hour ago, DanC said:

It's not easy Roger. I went to cPanel and searched for phpMyAdmin, no such file.

If it's available it will be in the part of cPanel that is about Databases

image.png

1 hour ago, DanC said:

Actually aren't you advising me to set my site up again?

No, I'm telling you how to get in to your site's Admin if you can't log in.

1 hour ago, DanC said:

Also, my site works and I regularly update it.

What does this mean? If you can't log in to your TNG Admin, how are you updating the TNG?

Roger

50 minutes ago, DanC said:

Should one of these be checked. My WP and TNG logins have always been the same?

Logins.jpg

No, all of these should remain unchecked.

43 minutes ago, DanC said:

This is outrageous that I can't go to my TNG administration page another way besides WordPress

You can not access your site's TNG Admin through WordPress - it is deliberately separate - this URL

http://danbcooley.com/tng/admin.php

bypasses WordPress and goes directly to the TNG Admin. This URL

http://danbcooley.com/tng/

goes directly to the TNG Index page - bypassing WordPress.

Roger

1 hour ago, DanC said:

This is outrageous that I can't go to my TNG administration page another way besides WordPress, the worst software ever written in the cyber age (besides MS Word). Even with 5000 options you can't be everything for everybody.

WordPress is not bad software. The plugin you are trying to use is. I've never succeeded in making it work, and it probably hasn't been updated for recent WordPress versions either. I strongly suggest you drop the plugin and integrate TNG into WP through the "Kloosterman method". That works perfectly fine.

Using that, by the way, you can simply access your tng admin page by typing the url into your browser. You don't need to go through the WP admin page.

If you would like some personal help please PM me..

I am happy to try logging in to your CPanel (if you are happy for me to do so) to check and update the users table

1 hour ago, fluffy82 said:

Using that, by the way, you can simply access your tng admin page by typing the url into your browser. You don't need to go through the WP admin page.

You can do that with the plugin too - TNG Admin is NOT passed through or connected to WordPress using the plugin.

Roger

@DanC

Are you still having issues with logging in to TNG?? I did send an email to the address you provided, but have had no response..

An update, for those who have made suggestions..

Access has been gained to TNG.. IMHO I think Dans site has been hacked..

I have made Dan aware of his login details which should give him admin access. I have also advised that the Login WILL NOT be compatible with his Wordpress TNG Plugin so may have to create a further admin account to ensure compatibility.. Also advised the accounts for both him & I should remain (at least for the short term) until he is sure everything is ok and does not require further help..

I cannot say how or IF the site was actually hacked, it just appears that way given the User names and other details that were in the tng_user table.

Hello Rick M. Thank you, I'm able to access my TNG panel again.

Note that I have not been hacked. Anton Ukhanev helped me set up the site. I have not been hacked, no one would spend 2 seconds trying to hack my site.

It looks like I have the TNG Administration panel. My next activity will be to install TNG-13.

Don't do anything to my WP/TNG plugin. It may be bad software but for me it works....most of the time. My simple site has taken years off my life.