TNG Community
nacsaszta

Custom meu standard and mobile view

nacsaszta

I use TNG version 13.0.2 and template 12. I added two links to the top menu to direct users to additional web pages. The links work, but in mobile view the button is blank, there is no GIF icon. How do I set the button icon in mobile view? 

custom-menu-mobile-view.jpg

Michel KIRSCH

It's a little complicated.

You must produce a new file "tng_mobile_sprite.png" based on the default "tng_mobile_sprite.png" file.

This is what I do for my "sosa Mod" mobile version:

This one was the original :

tng_mobile_sprite_original.png

And this is the one I've "painted" :

tng_mobile_sprite.png

Ken Roy
4 hours ago, nacsaszta said:

there is no GIF icon. How do I set the button icon in mobile view

if you are not comfortable with creating your own images, you can also rename the current sprite tng_mobile_sprite.png to something else and then rename the alternate file tng_mobile_sprite2.png that uses a + (plus sign) in the sprite to tng_mobile_sprite.png

nacsaszta

Thank You very much Michel and Roy!

It turns out that it doesn't work with "template12", but with "template220" Yes. What you suggested was already done before writing the post, but I didn’t think the setting of the “CUSTOM menu” depends on the structure of the templates! 👌

Pál.

johnebart

I have a similar issue.  Using Template 15, the bulk of my interesting editorial content is in each of 5 rich custom pages for each  family branch.  This works beautifully in the desktop version menu of course, but they all disappear in the mobile version.  Given that 60% of my viewer hits now use the mobile version, they are missing most of the eye-catching content and navigation. Are there any previous posts which discuss this that you can point me to for help?  Or any suggestions?

All I think I need to do is add 5 text hyperlinks in the hamburger menu to replicate the top menu form desktop version.  Which file in my template 15 download controls that mobile menu's dropdown content?

tngrlkrz

To see what it would look like, you could bypass mobile version by appending a suffix to the URL in the address bar:

adding "&sitever=standard" will force the desktop display on the mobile device.   It will cause more data in a tight spot, so will shrink the appearance.

There are ways to have this in your code.

johnebart
11 minutes ago, tngrlkrz said:

To see what it would look like, you could bypass mobile version by appending a suffix to the URL in the address bar:

adding "&sitever=standard" will force the desktop display on the mobile device.   It will cause more data in a tight spot, so will shrink the appearance.

There are ways to have this in your code.

I'm not sure my previous reply went through, but my site is unusable in desktop version on a small screen.

site destop.JPG

site-mobile.jpeg

tngrlkrz

Need clarification of your snapshots.  The second one is with &sitever=mobile and agree that there's missing data, but  the first is &sitever=standard and is readable , but you say" standard" is not readable or missing data on a mobile/phone? Or unusable because it is too small?  Depending on the browser, it might be small, but it should retain all data nonetheless. I switch back and forth on my phone, depending on what page or data I am looking at, using the Switch_Mobile_or_Standard mod.

I think you're asking for modification of the mobile version.  Have you tried the Mobile_Site_Enhancements ? It may help with different formatting most pages, not sure about the home page, though.

johnebart
4 hours ago, tngrlkrz said:

Need clarification of your snapshots.  The second one is with &sitever=mobile and agree that there's missing data, but  the first is &sitever=standard and is readable , but you say" standard" is not readable or missing data on a mobile/phone? Or unusable because it is too small?  Depending on the browser, it might be small, but it should retain all data nonetheless. I switch back and forth on my phone, depending on what page or data I am looking at, using the Switch_Mobile_or_Standard mod.

I think you're asking for modification of the mobile version.  Have you tried the Mobile_Site_Enhancements ? It may help with different formatting most pages, not sure about the home page, though.

Hi Ron.  I'm ever so grateful for your input and suggestions.  I'll study the links you just sent.  Thank you!  It time I will refine the mobile version.  In a first crucial ste, I'd just like to add the 5 feature links from top menu into the hamburger drop down below.

mobile menu.JPG

template_feature_links_top_menu.JPG

JØrn Haugland

Just catching up on this one. Did any solutions appear on the menu issue described by johnebart above here?
I am on template 15 and would like to do the same thing.