TNG Community

(SOLVED) Media not showing

merlin867

Hello! I just noticed a "small" problem on my site. I don't know if it's recent or not since I didn't pay attention to it before today. 

The problem is that I can't display the full size media. I am able to see the small formats but not the large ones. This always gives me the message "loading" (in French). 

https://francoissoucy.com/tng/showmedia.php?mediaID=2231&medialinkID=8690

USER: visiteur
PASS: visiteur

Thank for help!  

Michel KIRSCH

François,

les données de connexion fournies ne fonctionnent pas...

the connection data provided does not work...

Michel

il y a 17 minutes, Michel KIRSCH said:

François,

les données de connexion fournies ne fonctionnent pas...

the connection data provided does not work...

Michel

LOL sorry!! Google have traducted everything! I've edited the credential

François,

I am not sure, but I recall there was some issue with media, after the initial release of TNG v13.0. You are still currently using TNG v13.0 so may I suggest you upgrade to the latest version 13.0.2 and see if that resolves your problem.

It appears the pictures are where they should be, so that is not the issue..

Je ne suis pas sûr, mais je me souviens qu'il y avait un problème avec les médias, après la sortie initiale de TNG v13.0. Vous utilisez toujours TNG v13.0, je vous suggère donc de passer à la dernière version 13.0.2 et de voir si cela résout votre problème.

Il semble que les images soient là où elles devraient être, ce n'est donc pas le problème.

translated using Google Translate

Il y a 4 heures , RickM said:

François,

I am not sure, but I recall there was some issue with media, after the initial release of TNG v13.0. You are still currently using TNG v13.0 so may I suggest you upgrade to the latest version 13.0.2 and see if that resolves your problem.

It appears the pictures are where they should be, so that is not the issue..

Je ne suis pas sûr, mais je me souviens qu'il y avait un problème avec les médias, après la sortie initiale de TNG v13.0. Vous utilisez toujours TNG v13.0, je vous suggère donc de passer à la dernière version 13.0.2 et de voir si cela résout votre problème.

Il semble que les images soient là où elles devraient être, ce n'est donc pas le problème.

translated using Google Translate

I've done the update, clear my cache and try with 2 different browsers but still no luck. Media are still not showing... 

7 hours ago, merlin867 said:

I've done the update, clear my cache and try with 2 different browsers but still no luck. Media are still not showing... 

You are having a Javascript error

image.png

So try uploading the entire contents of the js file to your site again - download the full version of TNG 13.0.2 and copy up all of the files in the js folder

Roger

Il y a 16 heures , theKiwi said:

You are having a Javascript error

image.png

So try uploading the entire contents of the js file to your site again - download the full version of TNG 13.0.2 and copy up all of the files in the js folder

Roger

I've try this now. No more success, I've also tried to re-upload php files related to img/media. No more success.     :( 

Michel KIRSCH

Je sais que c'est peut-être une bête question, mais il est possible d'utiliser TNG sans internet, même s'il s'agit d'un sit "online".

Ce qui empêche l'accès à certains scripts js (ce sont alors des scripts internes mais pas toujours à jour, qui prennent le relais.

François, dans Menu Admin>> Configurations>>Configuration générale>>Divers, la dernière option

"j'utilise TNG sans internet" doit être sur "non".

I know it's maybe a stupid question, but it is possible to use TNG without internet, even if it's an online site.

This prevents the access to some online js scripts (these are internal scripts but not always up to date which take over).

François, in Admin Menu>> Setup>>General configuration>>Miscellaneous, the last option

"I use TNG without internet" must be on "no".

Michel

A  more appropriate question might be what version of PHP are you using, since the javascript error indicates

iframe.contentWindow.document.getElementById(...).resize is not a function

21 hours ago, theKiwi said:

4 hours ago, merlin867 said:

I've try this now. No more success, I've also tried to re-upload php files related to img/media. No more success.     :( 

did you try uploading the folder or all the files within the folder?  The javascript file that contains the code line is img_utils.js

Il y a 6 heures , Ken Roy said:

did you try uploading the folder or all the files within the folder?  The javascript file that contains the code line is img_utils.js

I've uploaded the entire content of the folder. I've seen each files been uploaded. I'm on php 7.4

Il y a 9 heures , Michel KIRSCH said:

Je sais que c'est peut-être une bête question, mais il est possible d'utiliser TNG sans internet, même s'il s'agit d'un sit "online".

Ce qui empêche l'accès à certains scripts js (ce sont alors des scripts internes mais pas toujours à jour, qui prennent le relais.

François, dans Menu Admin>> Configurations>>Configuration générale>>Divers, la dernière option

"j'utilise TNG sans internet" doit être sur "non".

I know it's maybe a stupid question, but it is possible to use TNG without internet, even if it's an online site.

This prevents the access to some online js scripts (these are internal scripts but not always up to date which take over).

François, in Admin Menu>> Setup>>General configuration>>Miscellaneous, the last option

"I use TNG without internet" must be on "no".

Michel

Thank, i've check for that and I'm ok on this. 

Well you still have the same Javascript error showing. The error is because the function "resize" is not available - it should be in the file main.js

Go to the js folder on your site and delete the file 

main.js

Now upload a fresh copy of that from a new download of TNG 13.0.2 back to the js folder

Does that fix it?

Roger

Il y a 1 heure , theKiwi said:

Well you still have the same Javascript error showing. The error is because the function "resize" is not available - it should be in the file main.js

Go to the js folder on your site and delete the file 

main.js

Now upload a fresh copy of that from a new download of TNG 13.0.2 back to the js folder

Does that fix it?

Roger

Just done that, 2 time to be certain. Still the same error...    😕 

il y a 46 minutes, theKiwi said:

Make a zip copy of the file main.js that you uploaded, and email it to me at rogerkiwi@aol.com and I'll see what's wrong with it.

Roger

I've tried to do this but gmail don't like this file. Maybe because it's a js file. I'm at work and doing this on cellular. When I will go back in my home tonight, I will try to put it like a txt file and send it to you after. 

14 minutes ago, merlin867 said:

I've tried to do this but gmail don't like this file. Maybe because it's a js file.

That is correct.  Google mail scans zip files that are sent as attachments and does not allow them to contain js files.

Il y a 6 heures , theKiwi said:

Make a zip copy of the file main.js that you uploaded, and email it to me at rogerkiwi@aol.com and I'll see what's wrong with it.

Roger

I've just send you a copy with a modified name

I got that file - it is complete and not missing anything.

So I completely baffled as to why the error is that the "action: 'resize'" is not a function. The file img_utils.js on your site also seems to be OK. 

I've written a note to Darrin asking him to take a look at it.

Roger

Michel KIRSCH

After changing code in js, it is often necessary to empty the cache to be sure the new function is taking in account

and the "xxx is not a function" can also hide (or reveal) a code error in the function or in the file...

Michel

Darrin Lythgoe

When I've seen this before, it has always meant there's a collation mismatch in the database. That has happened in some cases with the v13 upgrade when the new image tags table was created with a different collation than the rest of the tables, usually because the default collation is different than the one used to create the initial set of tables. It results in this javascript error because the message generated by the collation error effectively throws a wrench in the rest of the operations on that page.

So...go to phpMyAdmin on your site and look at the collation for the new tng_image_tags table and see if it's different than the rest of the tables. If so, go to the Operations tab and use the utilities there to set all the tables and all the fields to the prevailing collation (the one used by all the other tables).

Il y a 16 heures , Darrin Lythgoe said:

When I've seen this before, it has always meant there's a collation mismatch in the database. That has happened in some cases with the v13 upgrade when the new image tags table was created with a different collation than the rest of the tables, usually because the default collation is different than the one used to create the initial set of tables. It results in this javascript error because the message generated by the collation error effectively throws a wrench in the rest of the operations on that page.

So...go to phpMyAdmin on your site and look at the collation for the new tng_image_tags table and see if it's different than the rest of the tables. If so, go to the Operations tab and use the utilities there to set all the tables and all the fields to the prevailing collation (the one used by all the other tables).

Thank for the help! That was thing thing that was messed my picture! I don't know why or how but the table collation was different..  Thank you a lot and merry christmas to all!  :)