TNG Community
Sandor!

Size date field individual person

Sandor!

Hi all,

While sometimes using date modifiers like bef, abt, between dates etc. i recognized that while using that kind of dates  together with a place name, the date does not fit in the field, as a result it creates another line in that date field/column...see the attached picture. I would like to have it like Bef 01 Jan 1821, in 1 row.

How to achieve this? I think it should be a simple code change to extend that field size, but i can not find that specific code where to change that? Someone?

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Regards,

Sandor

dates individual person.jpg

theKiwi

The property you're looking to change is 

eventdatecol

It is in genstyle.css. If you're comfortable with using a Mod to fix this, then here's the text of a small unpublished Mod I use to achieve this on my site

This is a TNG mod directive file
%name:Date Column Width Adjustment%
%version:V11.0.0.0.0%
%description:Changes the default width of the date column on getperson.php from thumbwidth+20 to thumbwidth+40px.<br /><br />Must be installed after Add DNA Test Results Mod%

%target:css/genstyle.css%

%location:%
/* Adjust Event Date column on Individual Person page based on thumbnail width */
.eventdatecol {
	width:100px;
%end:%
%trimreplace:%
/* Adjust Event Date column on Individual Person page based on thumbnail width */
.eventdatecol {
	width:120px;
%end:%

Copy all that, paste it into a text file, and save that file as

date_width_mod_v11.0.0.0.cfg

and then upload it to the "mods" folder on your TNG site, and then use Mod Manager to install it.

Roger

Ken Roy

Note that the eventdatecol in genstyle.css is added there by the Mobile Site Enhancements mod, since TNG calculates that column width based on the thumbnail size.  I have tried for years to get Darrin to change that to a css class instead of a PHP calculation.

Maybe some of you can convince Darrin to convert that column width to be controlled by a CSS definition