TNG Community
Ed R

New Site

Ed R

Hi,

It has been about five years since I did my last website, (v10) so I am a little rusty. I primarily use Family Tree Maker and Ancestry to do my research. While I was on my genealogy break, I have collected many new photos and documents that need addition to my Family Tree Maker. This may take me months to complete.

My question is, should I wait to set up my new website until all of my additions are complete in Family Tree Maker, or can I make updates to my online database as the work is completed?

Thanks,

Ed Reeners

RickM

Hey Ed,

Welcome Back to the 'Fold' ­čśâ

My humble Opinion would be to update TNG BEFORE adding your new materials. I think there has been quite a number of changes made, that may actually make your job a little easier. Even still lots of little 'Bugs' have been sorted and media etc displays a lot better for sure..

In truth, I would think it matters not which way you go, so long as you follow the right processes for upgrading etc, you should have no issues. And of course if you are using Mods, do make sure to uninstall BEFORE doing the Upgrade, and also check to see if the Mods have been updated to the current Version (now 13.0.2 released in the last 24hrs).

Ed R

Thanks, I have v13, but not the new upgrade.

I no longer have any of my v10 data. I have had a problem with three of my previous website being knocked offline. The hackers never got and data, but they did leave a mess. My new provider is a friend of mine and has set up extra security to prevent future attacks.

Being away from TNG for over five years is like starting all over again. I have been stalling setting up my new site because I have a lot of information to add to Family Tree Maker.

Thanks again,

Ed

RickM

Wow, sounds horrible, but hopefully you have some better security in place now.

The wonderful folks here will be happy to help where they can for sure, so ask away.. Mind you there is already so much helpful info here.. Just figuring out how to find the right info using the right search phrases is the hard part..