TNG Community

doubled census records in Census+ International

Derrick

I posted in the other recent thread about this, but I think it fell to the bottom of things:

I have had the same issue for a month or two. I followed the steps Ken said here (unload and reload all the mods and delete to old files) and it did not work for me. I have the same issue - the censuses appear twice, and two buttons that say "check census links" on the import/export page. I don't know how I got two versions installed either. I'm using TNG 13.0/

You can see it on the 1850 and 1860 censuses on this page: https://ancestors.pitard.net/getperson.php?personID=I4239&tree=1sttree

Thanks for any help--

Derrick

Derrick,

Not sure how you all are getting yourself in this pickle.  The only way you can get this situation is that you have the mod installed twice.  The other case that I worked on the user's site showed that he had 2 different versions of the Census Plus International mod installed.  v12.0.0.11 and v13.0.0.11 if I recall correctly.

You should uninstall your current mod version, and then restore personlib.php from the TNG full install for the current TNG version you are using.

You will then need to Clean Up and mods that show partially uninstalled because that mods code is no longer installed in personlib.php

Michel, Derrick,

I do not think it makes any difference whether his site is TNG 13.0.0 or 13.0.1.   My guess is that because the old admin_leftbanner.php and admin_rightbanner.php files were left behind in the upgrade when Darrin switched to using the new Admin Layout with a new file admin_leftmenu.php and adminlib.php that the users were still able to install the Census Plus International v12.0.0.10a and then realized there was a v13.0.0.11 and somehow, did not uninstall the previous mod version or the Mod Manager did not find all the code segments.

Either way, the only way out of this is to uninstall the current Census Plus International mod, maybe copy the old mod version and if it uninstalls great.  If not, then the recovery procedure is to copy the personlib.php and the admin_secondmenu.php from the TNG upgrade zip file and then Clean Up any partially installed mods that result, or maybe a better approach is to Uninstall all mods, re-install the upgrade, and then install the correct version of the Census Plus International mod

13.0.1, but this was happening with 13 as well. I think that when I upgraded to v13 of TNG, and I was upgrading mods, that I must have along the way done what Ken described.

In any event, I uninstalled all mods, deleted Census+, deleted personlib.php, and then re-installed in reverse order. I only had v13.0.0.11 of the mod remaining in my mods folder, but there must have been a relic of the older version there in person.lib. Thank you, thank you, Ken!

Derrick,

Glad you were able to resolve the issue.

When I look at your original URL, SeaMonkey indicates that "You have requested a page that is only partially encrypted... You might check that your Admin > Setup > General Settings > Site Design section that your Genealogy URL uses https://

Of course it could be for another reason.