TNG Community
Rob Roy

Collapse Family Children and Default Not Living

Rob Roy

When you have a conflict with mods, uninstall and see what the culprit is.  Well, that didn't work.  I've been working with Robin Richmond on his Regroup Person-Child2Parent as it can have conflicts with Collapse Family Children.  Default Not Living is still no ready for version 13 I gather.  Regroup-Child2Parent requires Mod Settings Blocks, so that is the only Mod installed.  Here is the display:

image.png

Does anybody have an idea?

Robin Richmond

The only explanation I can come up with of why Collapse Family Children is now installable is that getperson.php might still have remnants of earlier mod installations.  So my recommendation is to copy it from your installation backup.

FWIW, version 19c of Regroup Person-Child2Parent (which you appear to have) is compatible with Collapse Family Children, but only if Collapse Family Children is installed first. Collapse Family Children and earlier versions of Regroup Person-Child2Parent were not compatible at all. 

That's the best that I can do for now.

- Robin

manofmull
59 minutes ago, Rob Roy said:

Default Not Living is still no ready for version 13 I gather.

This is another mod I "miss" or would have, as there must be a workaround.

I no longer have it installed but when adding new people, they are not living.

Must have been a code tweak somewhere.

Rob Roy

getperson.php was the culprit.  Both Collapse Family Children and Regroup Person-Child2Parent are installed and running.  The cost was a private mod that is a make pretty mod.  I will contact the developer, but it is a very low priority.  Will now try this on the other database (both are licensed) and see how I do.

Manofmull I totally agree with you.  the Default Not Living mod is really needed.

Rob Roy

Once getperson.php was updated, the second database works well now.  For those who might be intersted

www.delvee.org

www.theroyfamily.com

tngrlkrz

*deleted*

manofmull
1 hour ago, Rob Roy said:

manofmull I totally agree with you.  the Default Not Living mod is really needed. 

Yes, Jeff did some fantastic mods and I for one miss him in here.

Thankfully, clever people updated some of his other mods.

Perhaps someone will update Default Not Living?

I'm assuming that new people are added as living because you have the mod installed.

I think Darrin should change this default to "not living" for new additions = makes more sense.

Rob Roy

Here I disagree.  The default for most folk needs to be set at living.  Early data entry is normally on living people.  As your database grows, then the mod comes in handy.  I'd hate to see aunt Lucy listed as not living when you've posted her SSN and she is very much alive.  If Darrin makes a change, it should be an option,  with the default set to living.

manofmull
24 minutes ago, Rob Roy said:

If Darrin makes a change, it should be an option, with the default set to living. 

Good idea, as an option that works for me!

My own database of 100,000+ names only has a handful of livings.

Robin Richmond

Does the option Setup>>General Settings>>Privacy>>"Living flag set for new people and families" do the trick? 

tngrlkrz

Gosh, so we are all good?  I just finished a v13 version.  Scrapped it.

Ken Roy

Thanks Robin and Rob,

I have marked Jeff's Default Not Living mod as obsolete.  I guess none of those beta testing TNG 13 caught that, or the majority testing import their data

tngrlkrz

I was just going to mark it obsolete, but you beat me to it, Ken.  Good catch on Robin's part re:config option.  Good thing I only spent 20 minutes updating it and 'undoing' it on the wiki 😏

manofmull
53 minutes ago, Robin Richmond said:

Does the option Setup>>General Settings>>Privacy>>"Living flag set for new people and families" do the trick? 

Dang. I knew there was something, I just couldn't remember what!

Needless to say, my setting there is no, giving me new "non-livings"

My brain is running out of juice.

Rob Roy

A big thank you to all who worked this.