TNG Community

Collapse Family Children and Default Not Living

Rob Roy

When you have a conflict with mods, uninstall and see what the culprit is.  Well, that didn't work.  I've been working with Robin Richmond on his Regroup Person-Child2Parent as it can have conflicts with Collapse Family Children.  Default Not Living is still no ready for version 13 I gather.  Regroup-Child2Parent requires Mod Settings Blocks, so that is the only Mod installed.  Here is the display:

image.png

Does anybody have an idea?

Robin Richmond

The only explanation I can come up with of why Collapse Family Children is now installable is that getperson.php might still have remnants of earlier mod installations.  So my recommendation is to copy it from your installation backup.

FWIW, version 19c of Regroup Person-Child2Parent (which you appear to have) is compatible with Collapse Family Children, but only if Collapse Family Children is installed first. Collapse Family Children and earlier versions of Regroup Person-Child2Parent were not compatible at all. 

That's the best that I can do for now.

- Robin

getperson.php was the culprit.  Both Collapse Family Children and Regroup Person-Child2Parent are installed and running.  The cost was a private mod that is a make pretty mod.  I will contact the developer, but it is a very low priority.  Will now try this on the other database (both are licensed) and see how I do.

Manofmull I totally agree with you.  the Default Not Living mod is really needed.

Here I disagree.  The default for most folk needs to be set at living.  Early data entry is normally on living people.  As your database grows, then the mod comes in handy.  I'd hate to see aunt Lucy listed as not living when you've posted her SSN and she is very much alive.  If Darrin makes a change, it should be an option,  with the default set to living.

I was just going to mark it obsolete, but you beat me to it, Ken.  Good catch on Robin's part re:config option.  Good thing I only spent 20 minutes updating it and 'undoing' it on the wiki 😏