TNG Community
Lagarde68

Solved: Issues with descend.php and pedigree.php after upgrade TNG13

Lagarde68

I use TNG integrated in a Wordpress-site based on Kloosterman-method (www.familielagarde.nl). After the upgrade everything was working fine except for the links that involved descend.php and pedigree.php. At this moment I use the two files from TNG 12.3. This works for now...  After comparing the TNG13-files with the TNG12.3 I see only a few differences. I will look into them more closely soon, but maybe someone else already encountered the same problem and found a solution.

Best Regards, Patrick

tngrlkrz

FYI: The primary change of significance to those php modules involved the new feature of most charts being draggable and zoomable.  Also, the descend vertical is new.  Also, syntax changes were made to avoid PHP notices and warnings being generated for later PHP versions.

I don't use WP, so I am no help there.

cfj

@Lagarde68 I see we use the same theme and I think you have to deactivate the preloader in customizer.

I use custom header in my child theme and removed the script.

Cathrin

Lagarde68

Ok, thank you for this information, Ron! In comparing the php-modules, the main difference seems to be some new javascripts. Maybe this impacts the integration with Wordpress. If I can pinpoint the cause, then I will publish it here. 

Lagarde68
On 11/16/2020 at 2:42 PM, cfj said:

@Lagarde68 I see we use the same theme and I think you have to deactivate the preloader in customizer.

I use custom header in my child theme and removed the script.

Cathrin

After disabling the pre-loader the php-modules descend.php and pedigree.php started working. Still some minor issues with the scipts, but that's a wordpress integration problem. Thanks @cfj