TNG Community
LizR

Mod Manager Internal Server Error

LizR

I installed v.13.0.1 (update from 12x) and everything seems to work fine except when I go to mod manager where I get an Error 500 - internal server error.  

Is there anything I can do to recover from this?  The site is:  http://elizabethriemer.com/index.php

Thank you for any help,

Liz

Ken Roy

Liz,

Can you send me TNG Admin credentials to your site as well as FTP credentials using the this link

Darrin reported a similar problem with an upgrade done by Simply Hosting but I never got access to the mod manager files before they got overlaid.

Thanks

Ken Roy

Liz,

Thanks for sending me access.  I will let you know and Darrin know what I find out

Ken Roy

Looks like the Mod Manager config file was missing a parameter.   Not sure why that would have caused an Internal Server error.

The Mod Manager is working after I added that parameter to the mmconfig.php file.   

Will keep you all posted.

LizR

Thank you so much, Ken! I never would have figured this out on my own. It’s all working great now. 

Ken Roy

Not sure that is the cause yet.  I did make a change to the Mod Manager options in TNG 13.0.1 to turn on the Analyze TNG Files tab.

it is strange though that adding the missing parameter to your mmconfig.php got you working again, especially since that is the not parameter I changed.

Too tired to think right now, will look at it tomorrow and see if I can re-create the problem.

krmysl

I have the same issue. Fresh install of TNG 13 and get a 404 error:

No webpage was found for the web address: https://ourfamilycircle.org/tng/admin_modhandler.php

HTTP ERROR 404

File exists but somehow isn't being read. Is there a patch? If you need my credentials to login as admin, please let me know. The template 12 files have had css and img modifications, but it wasn't a problem with v12. 
Thanks, 
Kate

Ken Roy

Kate,

Make sure you uploaded all the files from the upgrade from TNG v12 to v13.0.2

gsawn

I recently upgraded from V11 to V13 and am getting the same "Error 500 - internal server error" when I try to access the Mod Manager and am getting the same error when trying to open the "Access Log" .  Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

George

Ken Roy

George,

Make sure  you uploaded all the files for the css and js folders to your hosting service.  If all the files are there, then you need to clear cache or do a forced reload on the Admin screen and potentially on each individual admin screen.

Edited - Note that there also have been some problems reported that were resolved by going to phpMyAdmin and making sure that the new Image Tags: table ( tng_image_tags ) has the same collation sequence as the rest of your database tables

Edited by Ken Roy
add new information

gsawn

Ken,

Thanks for your reply. All of the files have moved and the database collation tables are all coded "utf8_general_ci" (both on TNG11 and TNG13). Cache was cleared in WP.  But I do not see a cache clearing utility in admin?

George

Ken Roy

George,

I do not know WP, but I thought you could not access TNG Admin directly under WP. 

You need to cause Forced Reloads on the page to get the new CSS and JS files.  Step 4 if in the latest upgrade has instructions on Clearing Cache including a link to the TNG WIki on instructions on how to bypass browser cache

It isn't always necessary, but if things aren't working properly after the upgrade, it could just be that some of the old files or pages are still stuck in your browser cache. Before asking for help, please clear your cache and check your results again. If you need help figuring out how to do this, please see this page on the TNG wiki: http://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Bypassing_Browser_Cache.

gsawn

Ken,

I've since tried forced reloads and cleared all cache.  Also installed a new browser to have a clean environment, but still no luck.  Could this be caused by the fact that it was an upgrade vs clean install of TNG ?

Thanks,

George

Ken Roy

George,

I have done only upgrades for 15 years since TNG v5.0.4, so the answer is no unless you did not overlay existing modules.

If you can't figure it out send me TNG Admin access credentials as well as FTP access and I will take a look.  Please use my web site contact page and do not post credentials here.

Ken Roy

George,

Thanks for sending me Admin credentials.  I can substantiate that you are getting an internal 500 error.

However, this is a WordPress site.  I know nothing about WP, and  was not able to connect with the FTP access provide using FileZilla

You may need to indicate how you integrated TNG with WP for someone with WordPress experience to help.  

Maybe there is something in how you integrated that is causing the issue.

Ken Roy

George discovered that the 500 Internal Server error was caused by bad permissions on the admin_modhandler.php file. 

For those who is experiencing problems with TNG 13.0, I would recommend that they upgrade to TNG 13.0.2 which only contains bug fixes

Luc Van Geyte

I got not an error, but when I use the button to go to the Mod Manager, I always come on the start page of the TNG site. So, it is not possible for me to add the mods after an update to 13.02

Luc

Ken Roy

Luc,

If your host has permission restrictions on what permissions can be used for php that are executed, then you should check what file permissions are on the admin_modhandler.php file.  It should be 644 or potentially 664 depending on how they run the shared web server.

Luc Van Geyte

that is ok. I have checked this before. No idea what happened.

Schermafbeelding 2021-01-05 om 11.58.00.png

Ken Roy

Try changing the admin_modhandler.php to 644 and see if that lets you get access.    Some hosts do not like allow write except to the owner and in some cases do not return an error to the screen.

KevyNC

This permission setting was wrong for this file (admin_modhandler.php) for me also.... I updated to 644 (was 664).  I am guessing some happened when extracted from  the original ZIP.  I tried redoing from scratch, wiping the directory and installing twice and I  had same result. 

KevyNC

ps. not sure if these files also may need to be updated admin_showmodslog.php, admin_modtables.php (664 to 644)?

Ken Roy
6 minutes ago, KevyNC said:

ps. not sure if these files also may need to be updated admin_showmodslog.php, admin_modtables.php (664 to 644)?

Those files also belong to the Mod Manager.  664 is a valid permission but if you get an Internal 500 server error when you click on the View Log tab, then changing those permissions to 644 on the first file should resolve that issue.   The second file is called from the View Parser Table tag which might not be displayed if you did not update your Mod Manager options to show other developers tools