TNG Community
Arnhold

Simple entry screen for occasional users

Arnhold

Is it possible to write a single-screen data update screen? Here is the scenario: A parent or grandparent who rarely uses TNG wants to report the marriage of their child and record birth of grandchildren. Today, I got such a request, and it took a while to do it. For someone unfamiliar, the data entry screens are not easy to use or intuitive. Someone completely unfamiliar would try and quit.

What is needed is:

ADD A MARRIAGE:

Go to my individual file

Select my child who just got married and 'x" [quick entry] that brings up a one-stop entry screen

Allow me to first update any details on my child that are missing, especially adding photos as a one-stop process with [Add photos - x if default]

On the same screen, allow me to

"Add new spouse" [Fill in name, date and place of birth, photograph and other common data] - automatically generate a new ID number

"Married Date [_________] Location [___________] Type and other common data

Also display any previous marriages and allow to enter divorce date, location and other common data that is missing because this is when need for corrections will be noticed

Then on same screen, allow me to

"ADD CHILDREN"  - automatically generate a new ID number

[Name]  [Date of Birth] [Location] [Type] {upload Photo - x if default} and other common data

Press + to add more children

Press [Save] to save

Rob Severijns

Arnhold,

You might wanna check this mod by Michel Kirsch.

Direct Edit Menu

Maybe it helps you until something else comes around.

Kind regards,

Rob

Leif Sweden
On 11/10/2020 at 7:43 PM, Rob Severijns said:

Arnhold,

You might wanna check this mod by Michel Kirsch.

Direct Edit Menu

Maybe it helps you until something else comes around.

Kind regards,

Rob

Rob,
Does this mod work in 13.0.1?

Requirements

A TNG v12.2.0 installation in working order.

Leif

Rob Severijns

Leif,

I don't use the mod myself but it says it's working in TNG 13 and I do see a user using TNG 13.0.1 and the mod so it should be working. 

I myself use several mods meant for TNG 13 and the all work under TNG 13.0.1.

Rob

Leif Sweden

Michel Kirchs,
I saw that you had made changes to mod Direct Edit Menu , does it work well in 13.0.1 also?

Leif

Michel KIRSCH
19 hours ago, Leif Sweden said:

Michel Kirchs,
I saw that you had made changes to mod Direct Edit Menu , does it work well in 13.0.1 also?

Leif

Yes Leif. It does.

Michel

Katryne

Hello Arnhold !

I use 2 mods for that : Family Group WorkSheet and FGW Tab which add a tab on the getperson page. When a visitor is on the page, he clicks on the tab. A worksheet is displayed in a new tab  with the already available datas. The visitor can change data and add some. But what he proposes will not be entered directly on the site : it will be made available to the administrator who can choose or not to copy the data on the site. And the visitor will not need to login.

Try it on my test-site : https://tng-test.revestou.fr/getperson.php?personID=I1414&tree=revesto

Click on the WorkSheet tab : You may enter and send anything you want, first of all, it's a TEST site. And secondly, the data won't be included if I do not want to.

These mods are to be found there :

https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Family_Group_Worksheet

and

https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=FGW_Tabs_Mod