TNG Community

RegroupPersonProfile vs. FixedFamilyTab conflict

mjaro

There is unfortunate conflict between the two mods: Regroup Person Profile (13.0.0.19c) and Fixed Family Tab (13.0.0.2a) concerning line 583 of getperson.php (13.0.1).

It's quite easy to resolve the problem temporarily, but of course it could be better to have it definitely correlated by the authors.

Both mods are extremely useful and both are among my favourites for years. I wonder why they are still not included in TNG...

Best regards

Michal

Hi Michal,

I don't see an easy solution to this... The Fixed Family Tab replaces the Family ID in the "Group Sheet | Family Chart" links by Person ID for the subject person.

When the Regroup Person Profile is installed the link-string is generated in a totally different way.

If I add a condition to FFT that changes the IDs in the installed RPP, RPP will become "Partially installed". And Robin has to add a condition that removes the FFT's event if it's installed (making FFT "partially installed") and uses Person IDs. Or something... I'm not really sure... Messy?

I suppose your temporary solution is to totally remove the modification of getperson.php in FFT and edit the RPP modification (in the RPP .cfg file before installing it) to use Person IDs. Right? (That's what I would do, anyway)

Best regards,

Erik

Robin Richmond

I'll start by noting that I agree with Erik that it would be difficult to remove the conflict between these two mods without breaking some functionality that mod implements in the Family Chart.  However,  I think that the solution that Erik and "Mjaro" spoke of is (which does remove some of that functionality) is a good idea.

Some background:

1. In native TNG code, you can link to a Family Chart using a personID or a familyID.  If you use a personID, the person's first family (first marriage) is displayed.
  2. The native Family Chart doesn't try to link to a person's Ancestory, Descendants, or Relationship chart, but each person's name in the Family Chart is a link to that person's Person Profile.
  3. All of the native links from the Person Profile to Family Charts use a familyID, except for the "Family" tab, which links to the person's first family.  That works fine if the person has one marriage, but, if the person has multiple marriages, it's problematic. (Well, a Family tab that pops up links for each of the person's marriage would make sense to me.)

Fixed Family Tab adds tabs to the Family Chart for "Individual", "Ancestors", "Descendants", and "Relationship". These tabs are associated with a person, not the family. For me, that's a bit odd, and I naturally wonder "which person?".  Well, it depends. That is:

• If the Family Chart was invoked with a familyID, those links go to the husband (or the husband's ancestors, descendants, etc.).
  • If the Family Chart was invoked with a personID, those links go to that person (or that person's ancestors, etc.)

Fixed Family Tabs also changes the Person Profile (getperson.php) by editing the Family Chart links for the profiled person's marriages to use the person's personID rather than the marriage's familyID.

• When the profiled person has just one marriage, the effect of this is that the new Individual (etc) tabs in the Family Chart can link to the Person Profile from which the Family Chart was invoked rather than just to the husband. That's seems kind of handy.
  • But, if the profiled person has multiple marriages, then all of of the Family Chart links for all of the person's marriages link to the Family Chart for the person's first marriage, not the marriage that you would expect. That's not good.

Hence, from my perspective, the concept of using the profiled person's personID to link to the person's Family Chart just doesn't work.  That's why (just speaking for myself), I would resolve the conflict by simply removing the one change that Fixed Family Tabs makes to getperson.php.  

Frankly, this all comes down to the fundamental nature of Fixed Family Tabs, which is that it adds Family Chart tabs that link to an unspecified person.

To edit Fixed Family Tabs to remove the change that it makes to getperson.php, just remove these lines, plus the blank lines and separators that precede them.

******* GETPERSON.php *******

%target:getperson.php%

** Mod 1/1

%location:%
        $persontext .= showEvent( array( "text"=>$text['familyid'], "date"=>$marriagerow['familyID'], "place"=>"<a href=\"$familygroup_url" . "familyID={$marriagerow['familyID']}&tree=$tree\">{$text['groupsheet']}</a>  |  <a href='{$familychart_url}familyID={$marriagerow['familyID']}&tree=$tree'>{$text['familychart']}</a>", "np"=>1 ) );
%end:%
%replace:%

/* START MOD: Fixed Family Tab v12.0.0.2a (1/1) */

$persontext .= showEvent( array( "text"=>$text['familyid'], "date"=>$marriagerow['familyID'], "place"=>"<a href=\"$familygroup_url" . "personID=$personID&tree=$tree\">{$text['groupsheet']}</a>  |  <a href='{$familychart_url}personID=$personID&tree=$tree'>{$text['familychart']}</a>", "np"=>1 ) );

/* END MOD: Fixed Family Tab v12.0.0.2a (1/1) */

%end:%

- Robin

Hi Robin,

It looks like an easy solution, to simply remove the getperson.php modification by FFT. But maybe it isn't...

When the subject person (getperson.php) is a woman and you select the Group Sheet link (or Family chart link) in her Family all looks okay: The selected family page displays fine.

But if you then select the Individ tab (or any other "individ tab") and expect the female getperson.php (as she was the subject person to begin with) you get her husband :-(

I and Ron worked very hard to get the correct person to be displayed for all the tabs and links. No matter how the family page was selected - tab or link - the original subject person should be displayed when a tab is selected. The solution is that the personID is saved as a cookie when the Family pages are opened wether it's a husband or a wife. The links in the Family section call the Family pages (Family Chart and Family Group) with the PersonID to be able to save it. The FamilyID is then retrieved from DB. When you arrive from a Family Search there is no personID available and therefore the Husband personID is retrieved (and saved) if possible and he becomes the subject person for the tabs (except Edit and Suggest).

I will have another go at it in the coming week.

Best regards,

Erik

13 minutes ago, XerxX said:

I and Ron worked very hard to get the correct person to be displayed for all the tabs and links.

Gosh, do I ever remember,  Erik.   I was hoping this never had to be revisited.  I know how difficult this mod became to get to this point.  I do believe there are some perhaps unavoidable  issues with or without the getperson change though when multiple marriages are involved.  I need to test more.

With or without the suggested getperson change to FFT,  I do see this happen.  If multiple marriages: coming from family search, say there is a husband with 2 marriages.  I click on his second marriage, and under the person profile 'family' tab the proper family group sheet is displayed. But if I click on the 'family chart', it is always displaying the family of the first marriage.  I only saw the personID being used in the link, not the familyID.

I do not see what you're seeing Erik; coming from a subject woman to family tab, then group sheet, then individ tab, the woman still displays. And this is with or without the getperson change. 

Maybe I mixed things up, but this is what I saw.  I cleared cache and restarted before each test. I was not running Robin's RPP mod.

Hi Ron,

I'm back from sleep ;-)

9 hours ago, tngrlkrz said:

I do not see what you're seeing Erik; coming from a subject woman to family tab, then group sheet, then individ tab, the woman still displays. And this is with or without the getperson change.

That, I think, was not quite what I meant. Any woman (with a husband) is the subject person (displayed in getperson.php). Then selecting any of the "Group Sheet | Family Chart" links in her Family section (not the "Family" tab) gives the result I described. Or do I misunderstand?

Anyway: I can maybe send two personIDs (subject and spouse) from those Family section links but I think there will be a problem anyway to select the "correct" spouse when the Family tab is selected or from a Family search.

I'll check it later this week. But it will not solve the the mod conflict in any way :-(

/Erik

Ahh...My misread.   Yes, I am able to duplicate the behavior with Robin's suggested changes as you describe.  As to the multiple marriage thing I mentioned, it is of little bother to me since no user has ever reported it to me.  I don't use the Regroup Person Profile mod, so if any functionality is sacrificed for the conflict, I would likely stay with the current version of your much appreciated mod.😉

A solution which works perfectly for me was suggested here.