TNG Community

Backup not working under PHP 7.4

ton van lil

Hello

I am running my website under TNG V13.01.

My backup does not work under PHP 7.4. If I downgrade to PHP 5.6 backup works.

Am I doing something wrong?

Greetings

Ton van Lil

Backup works fine on my hosting service running PHP 7.4.9  Do you have any mods that might make changes to admin_backup.php

You can find that in the Mod Manager - Analyze TNG Files tab.  If the tab is not shown, click the Options tab, expand the Display Settings, and change the Show Analyze TNG Files tab:  to Yes

Ken

Thanks for your quick replay.

Indeed I have three mods changing admin_backup.php. Sosa_mod, Censusplus mod an Validations_check mod.

I will try and switch these of and see if its works.

Greetings

Ton van Lil

Ken,

Uninstalled Sosa_mod, Censusplus mod an Validations_check mod. No effect.

Still no backing up under PHP 7.4.7.

Back to PHP 5.6 no problems backing up.

Greetings

Ton van Lil

I run the first two but not the Validations Check, and have no problem with backup.  Something else must be at play

Which backup are you referring to? The TNG Admin:Utilities Backup & Restore?  If so, what specific errors are you encountering when you run the backup?

I have seen older versions of the Validation checks mod, even if uninstalled, leaving a table in the database, which the backup will not like and display an error.  However, the rest of the tables backup  OK, as evidenced by looking at your designated backup folder and the display of dates tables were backed up. 

Indead I try to use the TNG Admin:Utilities Backup & Restore.

I get the HTTP Error 500.

The funny thing is that it works under PHp 5.6.

PHP error reporting changed between PHP 5.6 and 7.4, so you are likely getting a fatal error or something.

You could try uninstalling the mods that update admin_backup.php and then replacing that module with the one provided by TNG and see if you can create your backup before re-installing your mods

• 1 month later...

Ton,

I had the same problem when switching tot PHP 7.  I had to change the following extensions used by the server:

• unselect 'mysqli'
  • select 'nd_mysqli

You can't use both. 
MySQL_ND and MySQL PHP extensions are different sets of drivers. They are provided by the different teams of developers (MySQL and PHP, respectively). The most important is the fact that they are mutually exclusive - you can not select them both simultaneously or mix them in any way. Otherwise, the php code will throw errors about the connection to the MySQL database.

Don't ask me why but that worked for me

with kind regards, 

Bernard Wortelboer