TNG Community

See only data of one tree if you are not a registererd user

Fred Baltus

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but .... Is it possible that none registered users see only a specific tree? For example a tree with no data about living persons?

Thanks,
Fred

Michel KIRSCH

Hi Fred,

i did it.

Have a little demo tree.

User can log in as user with password user (it's explained on home page)

This user can only see that tree via Admin/users....

Hi Michel, So you make a dummy user with a tree connected with doesn't hold names of living people. It's easy that way. I was thinking of forwarding to another database.

Thanks, Fred

p.s. my french is not so good. By the way: Near Maastricht there are also people with the last name Kirsch ;)

Michel KIRSCH

Yes. A demo tree with a dummy user.

My ancestros are coming from Prussia...

Hi Michel. I made a dummy tree imported a gedcom and let TNG calculate the Living flag. But if i create a user, which may see that dummy tree then he can see all the data. I can, of course make my own queries, but that's not the option i prefer.  I don't want to install TNG twice, so the best option is to include another config file with a few other settings, such as requirelogin=0 and maybe an other database. So i must parse some parameters from the index.php file to tng_begin.php and begin.php, because in the last one config.php is named, but maybe i can overwrite some settings in customconfig.php.

Thanks,
Fred