TNG Community

No Event or Person Maps

George W

3 minutes ago, George W said:

Nope nothing new. Changed templates and checked all setting, tried a few changes. 

Send me an eMail to rogerkiwi@aol.com with your TNG Admin login details and I'll take a look and see if I can see what might be the problem.

Roger

25 minutes ago, theKiwi said:

Send me an eMail to rogerkiwi@aol.com with your TNG Admin login details and I'll take a look and see if I can see what might be the problem.

Roger

I just set you up as an admin. Did you get the email?

Here is what I have done and found so far. 

I did a complete fresh install of v13.01. Went perfect. I added myself and birth date. I set up Gmaps. I go to my getperson page and there is the map as expected.

So that works fine. 

Next thing I did was thought okay it works. I imported by backup data base. I go to my page and everything's there except no event map.

Just as before heat maps work and cemetery maps work.

So it has something to do with something in my database.

I dropped my data base. Did another install and it works with just adding me and setting up google.

Second time to prove it I import my database with same results, no map. 

I have looked through all settings and database and see nothing weird.

I am now going to start with a clean database and import each table one at a time to see which one breaks it.

George,

When you connect your existing database to a fresh install, which I take to mean a full install, did your run the database upgrade step if you are upgrading from TNG v12?

There are database changes between TNG v12 to v13.  Sort of what I was trying to discover when I asked what you meant by fresh install in a prior post

2 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

George,

When you connect your existing database to a fresh install, which I take to mean a full install, did your run the database upgrade step if you are upgrading from TNG v12?

There are database changes between TNG v12 to v13.  Sort of what I was trying to discover when I asked what you meant by fresh install in a prior post

Yes I did upgrade from 12 to 13.01. I ran all the database upgrades to get there. So my current database if setup to 13.01. I did a clean full install of 13.01 today and imported the database that was upgraded. I have also reviewed all the changes that are suppose to happen in order from 12.0 to 13.01 and they are all showing in the current setup. 

I think there is a setting somewhere in the data that is turning this off.

George,

Did you ever send Roger admin access to your site?

If not and you want me to take a look at your site, send me TNG Admin access as well as FTP access so I can replace modules if needed using the following Contact link

Yes, I looked at his site last night - the TNG Admin side of it, and couldn't see anything wrong. I couldn't get the FTP credentials he sent me to work so I couldn't look at any files on the site.

Roger

• 1 year later...

A year later I finally had time to look at his again. Turned out it was an easy fix. Took me about an hour to figure out that the places lost their TREE assignment. Must of been a database update went wrong. All good now.

image.png

• 11 months later...

OK, similar issue. I have a local WAMP server and a remote server. Both 13.1.2.  I keep them synced via database backups. In admin>places, the local install shows a "tree" field, that the remote does not, which is causing havoc with my individual pages on local. BTW, the "tree" field is blank for all entries. I'm pretty sure one install was a full install, while the other was an upgrade, but I'm not sure which was which. I am assuming the remote is the upgrade version since it is missing the "tree" field. Any way to fix it/upgrade the database now?