TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
marcirish

Suppress showing some fields

marcirish

I have a number of fields that I import from my Reunion 12 database.  These fields are really flags to indicate various things, like Died Young, Veteran, Has a Signature and the like.  I use these flags to generate reports on people who have this flag set.  These flags also show up under events for a person.  I would like to suppress these items from showing up on the GetPerson Page but keep them active in the database for use on reports.  Is this possible.

https://marcirish.us

Thanks.

Marc

Brett
16 hours ago, marcirish said:

These fields are really flags

Marc

Please provide some examples of the fields/flags imported.

theKiwi
16 hours ago, marcirish said:

I have a number of fields that I import from my Reunion 12 database.  These fields are really flags to indicate various things, like Died Young, Veteran, Has a Signature and the like.  I use these flags to generate reports on people who have this flag set.  These flags also show up under events for a person.  I would like to suppress these items from showing up on the GetPerson Page but keep them active in the database for use on reports.  Is this possible.

My initial thought is no you can't - in TNG you can choose to Accept or Not Accept these which TNG will import in to Custom Events. If you don't accept them, then TNG skips over them when running a GEDCOM import, and they won't show in the TNG database, and so won't be accessible to any reports. If you accept them in to TNG, then they're accessible to Reports, but will also show on the getperson page for an individual, unless you alter the TNG code to exclude these items from the getperson page one by one.

It might be possible to develop a Mod that will change the way the getperson page is built for display to exclude a list of custom event types that you define, but that would take some work!

Roger

marcirish
On 10/20/2020 at 4:50 AM, Brett said:

Marc

Please provide some examples of the fields/flags imported.

Brett,

The first image is of my father with his signature showing on his personal page.  The second image shows the field/flag that I would like to suppress if possible.  It is the field, though, which allows me to generate a report on all persons in my database who have a signature that I display on their page.

Marc

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 11.05.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 11.06.09 AM.png

theKiwi
1 hour ago, marcirish said:

The first image is of my father with his signature showing on his personal page.  The second image shows the field/flag that I would like to suppress if possible.  It is the field, though, which allows me to generate a report on all persons in my database who have a signature that I display on their page.

So now that it's imported, you could go to the TNG Admin ------> Custom Event Types, and turn that particular one to Ignore.

Does that stop it displaying?

Can you still run the Report?

You'll have to turn it back on to Accept though before you do any subsequent GEDCOM imports.

Roger 

marcirish
3 hours ago, theKiwi said:

So now that it's imported, you could go to the TNG Admin ------> Custom Event Types, and turn that particular one to Ignore.

Does that stop it displaying?

Can you still run the Report?

You'll have to turn it back on to Accept though before you do any subsequent GEDCOM imports.

Roger 

Roger,

That works!  All I’ll need to remember is turn it back on for imports.  Thanks a bunch.

marc