TNG Community
Rob Severijns

Show photo's on one row

Rob Severijns

Hello everyone,

I always save all my documents as a .jpg file so the generating of thumbnails is easy and I always have  thumbnail available.

If you go to Setup >> Configuration >> General Settings>>Media>> and set “Show photo's on one row” to Yes all photo's on the person page appear on one row.
Except for photo's (documents) that are not linked to an event (See picture)

image.png 

With this in mind I asked Darrin of this was intended. Here's what he said.

Thumbnails for documents would not let the user know at a glance what they were looking at, so I thought it would be wise to still put each document on its own row. That's especially true if someone's documents are PDFs or something that didn't have a thumbnail.

Since I save all my documents as a .jpg file I wanted to see those on one row too.

This is for those who save their documents as a .jpg file too.

If you want to see the photo's (documents) on one row too (see picture below)

image.png

do the following:

Make sure you make a backup of your personlib.php.

Edit your personlib.php file.

Find the line (somewhere around 1012) that says :

if(count($media) > 1 && ($mediatypeID == "photos" || in_array($mediatypeID, $mediatypes_like['photos']))) {

and change it into:

if(count($media) > 1) {

Make sure to use the closing bracket after the 1 for otherwise it will generate an error 500. (happend to me 😞)

If you reload your person page the photo's (documents) that are not linked to an event will appear on one row.

Unfortunately I'm not able to write a mod so after an update/upgrade this needs to be reapplied.

HTH

Rob

bhemph

Rob,
     It might be easier to install the mod https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Person_Media_Title which does allow this for the media types which you choose from the settings menu.  The mod will also add a title if you choose that option, so that a bunch of pdfs, text files, or similar looking documents can be distinguished.  Right now, it does leave single media in their own rows with title and description although some users would like that to go away and have only thumbnails no matter how many media are attached.  So maybe in the next version of the mod, that can be handled.

Brent

Rob Severijns

Brent,

Thx for the reply.

I wasn't aware of the mod's existence and will try it out for sure.

I myself prefer to see thumbnails only too. 

Kind regards,

Rob

Rob Severijns

Brent,

I'm getting a "Cannot install"

image.png

Any Idea what's wrong here?

I don't have any of the mod's installed named in the wiki.

Using TNG 13 incl. the 6 Oct patch

Rob

Rob Severijns

Brent,

When I look at the AnalyzeTNG files it says my personlib.php is modified bij Person_Media_Title

Eventhough I could not install.

image.png

Am I missing something?

Rob

Rob Severijns

OEPS,

My bad :-(

Forgot to replace the original line that says:

if(count($media) > 1 && ($mediatypeID == "photos" || in_array($mediatypeID, $mediatypes_like['photos']))) {

Rob

Ken Roy
1 hour ago, Rob Severijns said:

When I look at the AnalyzeTNG files it says my personlib.php is modified bij Person_Media_Title

The Analyze TNG Files program does not know whether the mod is installed or not.   It looks at the mod cfg files in the mods folder and indicates which ones modify the file you are looking at.

Rob Severijns

Ken,

Thx , I wasn't aware of that.

Guess the phrase "File personlib.php is modified by:" and "Potential Conflicts" had me confused.

Rob