TNG Community

mod clash?

TBirdUK

this may have already have been reported but a couple of version 13 mods appear to be mutually exclusive? Order of installation does not matter

Public Access Control
public_access_control_v13.0.0.3c.cfg

and

Cemetery Burials Table
cemetery_burials_table_v13.0.0.16.cfg

are both trying to change showmap.php

if PAC is installed
Cemetery Burials table reports
line 207: %location:% #5 Bad target
line 237: %location:% #6 Bad target

If CBT is installed
Public access control reports
line 2932: %location:% #1 Bad target
line 2952: %location:% #2 Bad target
line 3023: %location:% #5 Bad target
line 3040: %location:% #6 Bad target

I have checked the Bad targets of Cemetery Burials Table when Public Access Control is installed and as far as I understand it may be solved by a pair of conditional jumps. May be solved.

I haven't yet checked the Bad targets of PAC when CBT is installed.

This clash may be quite complicated. It's a lot more to investigate.

It's in the middle of the night now and tomorrow I'm probably busy all day so please don't expect a quick reply. Have you alerted Robin Richmond about this?

'nite

Erik

@TBirdUK

Hi, I'm sorry for the very delayed reply. I didn't know at the time that I had to be away for several days. I returned home yesterday evening...

This is a tough one I can tell you. It's also a clash with my conditional jump if Mobile Site Enhancemets mod is installed.

But I'm working on it right now.

/Erik

I'm sorry but I'm not capable of changing this without making two versions of my mod because it already fixes a clash with Mobile Site Enhancement mod and the CBT mod can't be installed if the MSE mod is installed and v.v.

I think you have to ask Robin to alter the CBT mod if you want to use them both. (Or ask someone who's more competent than I am)

Too bad.

Erik

Thanks for the efforts Guys just relieved it is a "genuine bug" not because of my customisations ;-)

If you want Robin's mod, I would recommend that you used the Contact Developer link on the TNG Wiki page for his mod.   I downloaded the mod and it immediately shows Cannot Install because it requires other component mods from Robin. 

I am still trying to straighten out my local computer development environment because I tested too many  mods trying to help others after TNG v12 and then having my laptop die a year ago and having to return it to the supplier three times for hardware problems.  Sorry but I will not be installing any of Robin's mod the pre-req other mods in an attempt to resolve conflicts.  You will need to contact Robin to resolve the conflict he introduces

Robin Richmond

It turns out that the the Cemetery Burials Table conflicts with Public Access Control and Mobile Site Enhancements revolved around ancillary features not having anything to do with the All Burials tables.  So I spun those features off into a separate mod, Cemetery Map And Image.

Cemetery Burials Table can now be installed alongside Mobile Site Enhancements and/or Public Access Control mod. The new mod

• Removes the cemetery notes from the map pin balloon, and
  • Reduces the size of large cemetery "map" images and places a "Full Size" button next to the reduced-size image.

Cemetery Map and Image now carries the conflicts that Cemetery Burials Table used to have, but we've made some progress.

FWIW, Public Access Control still has conflicts with at at least two of my mods. I'll look into what Erik or I can do about some of those conflicts, but it will probably be a slow process.

- Robin

Edited by Robin Richmond
Clarity and typos

Robin,

I do not consider this fixing the conflict.  All you did was move it to other mods.