TNG Community

GEDCOM import fails

Emma

Hi,

When I try to import a GEDCOM file, I get the error:

Could not upload file name_ged. Your GEDCOM folder may have inadequate permissions. (try 755 or 777)

Can anyone help me out on this? I have opened Properties of the folder, selected Security, and given Approved users, System, Administrators and Users of this pc all the permissions possible, except Special permissions, which I cannot add.

It's a very small GEDCOM file. 

I found this thread, but I can't find the inputdata file. 

I am trying to import the GEDCOM file on my local pc, I have Wamp server. I have created the GEDCOM from my own database, also in Wamp, and want to send it to a fellow genealogist, but I would like to find out, before I send it, if it's okay. So in order not to interfere with my own database, I am trying to import it into an extra installation of TNG that I installed years ago. It doesn't have a database, so I just created a Tree and try to import into this tree.

Kind regards

Emma

Thanks, Manofmull, sounds like an interesting suggestion, worth trying. My problem, though, is that I don't know how to set up the FTP program in order to do it. I have the GEDCOM file on my pc, saved in the TNG Gedcom folder and want to import it from there into the database located in the Wamp server. I only know how to transfer files from my pc to my online database.

Can you give me some details as to how to do it?

7 hours ago, Emma said:

I am trying to import it into an extra installation of TNG that I installed years ago. It doesn't have a database, so I just created a Tree and try to import into this tree.

It the above statement accurate?  TNG Import adds the imported data to a database.  So at a minimum you need to create a database for your extra installation of TNG in your WampServer environment.

Hi Ken, As far as I can tell, I have a database.

database host Local, name of database genealogy, database user Root

Table names all okay etc. Everything looks like the database I use currently

What TNG version?  What PHP version are you using on your WampServer?

As Michael suggested you could create a new tree as part of the import.  On your WampServer you should be able to go the your PHP error log to get the error message you are getting

PHP version 5.5.12, TNG 10.1.1.

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_intl.dll' - The specified module was not found
 in Unknown on line 0 

Ken, thanks for the suggestions:-) unfortunately none of it helps. The PHP extension intl is okay, but there are two others, marked with a red triangle: php_enchant and php_opcache. I don't know which significance they have

• 1 year later...
philipmaley

I had the same problem today but it turned out to be an incorrectly set Setup >> General Settings >> Paths and Folders >> Root Path.

I had changed the subdomain for my TNG and needed to set that parameter to the new home directory on the server. The diagnostic report didn't show anything wrong so maybe that's an extra check that could be included.

Cheers

Philip
https://familytree.lpm.me/ 

Philip,

TNG now supports leaving the Root Path as empty and it will figure out what it should be.  I don't remember whether that was there in TNG 13.0.  Lots of fixes have been made to the original version, so you might consider upgrading to the current TNG 13.1.2

Cor Kuipers
On 10/5/2020 at 7:20 PM, Emma said:

Hi Ken, As far as I can tell, I have a database.

database host Local, name of database genealogy, database user Root

Table names all okay etc. Everything looks like the database I use currently

changing the php version might work