TNG Community

Pictures not shows?

Mc Tommy

Om jag klickar på en bild står det bara att ladda / ladda, men en bild visas aldrig, det gjordes i den tidigare versionen av TNG . Problemet är inte "bara" i min iMac, det är detsamma i alla mina 3 iMac, iPhone, iPad OCH min Dell-dator ???

If I click on an image, it just says to load / load, but an image is never displayed, it was done in the previous version of TNG. The problem is not "only" in my iMac, it is the same in all my 3 iMac, iPhone, iPad AND my Dell computer ???

Skärmavbild 2020-09-30 kl.  13.41.41.jpg

I update from ver 12 to ver 13.0

Edited by Mc Tommy
Translate to English also

For folks to help, you should specify what TNG version you have installed, and whether you recently did an upgrade, and if so, from what version to what version.

3 hours ago, Mc Tommy said:

If I click on an image, it just says to load / load, but an image is never displayed, it was done in the previous version of TNG. The problem is not "only" in my iMac, it is the same in all my 3 iMac, iPhone, iPad AND my Dell computer ???

Can you post a URL to a page that is showing this problem.

If login is required, then please provide a Guest login to use to see it.

Roger

Roger, I'm to old for this, I have also My Heritage, it's more simple but more safe :-) Maybe only me which has this problem? I wrote to Darrin too, se if ha answer?

Kind regards

Tommy  

The page is showing this when I "inspect element" and looking at what's supposed to be where it says "Loading... in my browser

An error has occurred in the TNG software. What to do:<p>If you just installed an upgrade, you might have skipped part of the installation instructions. Go back to the upgrade readme page reread the instructions. Pay special attention to the database structure step.</p><p>If you just installed TNG for the first time, you might still need to create the database tables. Return to the readme.html page to find that step.</p><p>If you are the site owner, you may contact TNG support for further assistance with this problem. Please copy the query below and paste it into your message.</p><br><br>Query: SELECT r.ID as ID, rtop, rleft, rwidth, rheight, personID, firstname, lnprefix, lastname, p.gedcom as gedcom, branch, living, private, nameorder
		FROM (tng_image_tags as r, tng_people as p)
		WHERE mediaID="702" AND p.gedcom = r.gedcom AND p.personID = r.persfamID<br/><br/>Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='

So the underlying issue is the mix of collations in your database.

Take a look at the database using phpMyAdmin and see what tables are using utf8_unicode_ci and which ones are using utf8_general_ci. Probably most tables are using one of these, and a smaller number of tables are using the other. You'll need to use phpMyAdmin to convert the least used type of tables to match the most used type.

Roger

12 hours ago, theKiwi said:

The page is showing this when I "inspect element" and looking at what's supposed to be where it says "Loading... in my browser

An error has occurred in the TNG software. What to do:<p>If you just installed an upgrade, you might have skipped part of the installation instructions. Go back to the upgrade readme page reread the instructions. Pay special attention to the database structure step.</p><p>If you just installed TNG for the first time, you might still need to create the database tables. Return to the readme.html page to find that step.</p><p>If you are the site owner, you may contact TNG support for further assistance with this problem. Please copy the query below and paste it into your message.</p><br><br>Query: SELECT r.ID as ID, rtop, rleft, rwidth, rheight, personID, firstname, lnprefix, lastname, p.gedcom as gedcom, branch, living, private, nameorder
		FROM (tng_image_tags as r, tng_people as p)
		WHERE mediaID="702" AND p.gedcom = r.gedcom AND p.personID = r.persfamID<br/><br/>Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='

So the underlying issue is the mix of collations in your database.

Take a look at the database using phpMyAdmin and see what tables are using utf8_unicode_ci and which ones are using utf8_general_ci. Probably most tables are using one of these, and a smaller number of tables are using the other. You'll need to use phpMyAdmin to convert the least used type of tables to match the most used type.

Roger

My skilled head technician solved the problem which was that all tables where correctly set to 'utf8_unicode_ci' but the database itself, was overridingly set to 'UTF8_general_ci'