just upgrading from 12.3 to 13.

Have someone the same problem as me?

The page 1 cant not be reached. Button "1" stay inactive and

the media list begins at 51...

All mods uninstalled, of course...

Michel

13 medias page 1 unreachable.JPG

Michel,

Are you using the last minute fixes that Darrin publish on the tng13 list after he announced the product as available?

The message was on the tng 13 beta tester list.  It was released after Darrin announced TNG 13 was available.

Sorry, I had no internet for the last 40 hours, so I am doing catch up. 

Replacing admin_media.php with the same file from TNG13.0.b4 solves the problem...

Weird...

Michel

Report the problem to Darrin.  Since he implemented fixes after he announced the release based on problems reported by Robin. 

The two files are a little bit different : (from line 14..)

TNG 13 is :

$maxnoteprev = 350;  //don't use the global value here because we always want to truncate

if(!empty($newsearch)) {
    $exptime = 0;
    $offset = 0;
    $searchstring = ..............

TNG 13.0.b4 is

$maxnoteprev = 350;  //don't use the global value here because we always want to truncate

if( !isset($offset) ) $offset = 0;

if(!empty($newsearch)) {
    $exptime = 0;
    $searchstring = ..........

1 minute ago, Ken Roy said:

Report the problem to Darrin.  Since he implemented fixes after he announced the release based on problems reported by Robin. 

OK Ken.

For next week...

Michel

Next week will be too late.  Darrin needs to know now if the code he added based on Robin's problem report after he announced that TNG v13 was available, causes problems.

53 minutes ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

No Ken,

i don't receive announcements from Darrin...

I load the sept 21 version from https://tng.lythgoes.net/downloads13

as usual...

I don't had this problem in v13.0.b4...

Michel

If it's of any help: I'm not a beta tester, I downloaded the upgrade from the downloads13 website about 30 minutes after it was announced, and I don't have this problem. Nr 1 is clickable, and the list starts with 1-50.

That likely means that the fixes for Robin's problem were not yet merged in the the download zip files, which is why the problem needs to be reported to Darrin since the fix for one user's reported problem is causing problems elsewhere.

Note that I did not test the fixes that Darrin posted to the beta tester list because I lost Internet access for the last day and a half about that time.

Darrin typically merges fixes into the zip files if the user reporting the problem indicates that it fixed their problem.  In this case, it appears to be causing others problems.

Michel,

Strange,  because I open to page 1 with no problem.  I don't see any issues there. The reported issue was that on page other than 1, performing an action such as delete, would return to page 1.  Darrin released an update to several files in a zip.  I tested admin_media briefly, and it fixed the issue.  One stays on the page after the action is completed.

The curious thing is the lines you show as from the TNG13  download are the same as in the updated one I tested, so Darrin appears to have inserted it before your download (13.01, I believe).

Are you having this issue with no other mods installed effecting admin_media?  If so, I agree with Ken that you should let Darrin know sooner rather than later.

Looks like Darrin backed out the fixes made for Robin after TNG v13 was announced as available. 

If you are having problems in this area, you may need to download the upgrade file again.

Hi Ken and Ron.

Sorry I was at the hospital for two days...

Yesterday, I see that I have the same problem with admin_notelist...

I'll make others tests before downloading the tng13 again.

Michel

On 9/24/2020 at 2:20 AM, tngrlkrz said:

Are you having this issue with no other mods installed effecting admin_media?  If so, I agree with Ken that you should let Darrin know sooner rather than later.

Yes Ron, without Mods installed...

After tests, I have the same problem with all admin lists :

admin_media, admin_people, admin_families, admin_notelist and admin_places (other lists are less than 2 pages)

replacing a file with the same file from tng13 0b4 solves the problem.

I've reported the problem to Darrin this morning...

Michel

The only way to return to page 1 is to click again on the "Search" button of a list...

It's normal when looking to the code :

if( !empty($newsearch) ) {
    $offset = 0;

The code for tng13.0b4 is :

if( !isset($offset) ) $offset = 0;

if( !empty($newsearch) ) {

Michel

Downloading a fresh version of TNG123-13 solves the problem !

Sorry for inconvenience...

Michel

• Michel KIRSCH changed the title to *SOLVED* Media in admin_media.php

Michel,

Sorry to hear you were in the hospital.  Hope things are going better.

Thanks for reporting the issue.  I contacted Darrin based on your reported problems and he backed off all the changes made after TNG v13 was released for a problem reported by another beta tester.

If anyone is experiencing problems with Admin screens not navigating correctly, please download the TNG V13 zip files you used to upgrade your site