TNG Community
ruelluis

Submitter suggestions and branches problems

ruelluis
Greetings !

I am one of the admin of of the just up and running TNG website  http://www.banaynisanroque.org

Here is our scenario:

1. I defined 8 branches representing the following

- 7 children of the starting person (ancestor) of our clan
- the 8th being the maternal side of our ancestor

2. We created submitters, contributors, editors. I noticed that when a submitter make a suggestion, there is no review messsage in the Admin section
Do we have to do additional configuration for this.

3. Every branch has its own set of users (submitters, contributors, editors, admins). But I noticed that a user from a particular branch can still see and access , make suggestions to other branches. Do we have to do further configuration for this.

Hoping for your kind assistance on out TNG issues,

By the way we are hosted on simplyhosting.net and TNG installation was done by them.

Thank you very much    

manofmull

As far as I'm aware, only editor edits go to review but you can try the folowing.

You should get email notification of suggestions.

In Admin/Setup/General/Mail Registration

E-mail Address:  make sure site owner/admin email address is here (should be the same email address you have for yourself in the user list)

Send all mail from address above:     
Allow new user registrations:     
Notify on reviewable submissions: set to yes*

For user access, at the bottom of each user in Admin: you can determine what tree or branch they can view

Access Limits:
Apply the above rights to all trees and branches.
Restrict the above rights to the following:
Apply rights to multiple trees

Further up on the same Admin area, you define the Rights of each user.

Any edits that are done for people/families should be in Admin/Review irrespective of *yes/no here

ruelluis

Thank you for the quick reply.

My settings are exact;y as you recommended above, but I did not get email notifications or review messages in the admin section of the suggestions and edits

I tried suggestions from a Submitter, I tried edits from an Editor

branch access limits.jpg

mail and registration.jpg

Ken Roy
3 hours ago, manofmull said:

As far as I'm aware, only editor edits go to review but you can try the folowing.

You should get email notification of suggestions.

Michael and ruelluis, 

Submitter changes show up in the Person, Family, or other Admin Review tabs.

In order to get email notifications, you have to enable the option since the default is not to notify.  Go to Admin > Setup > General Settings > Mail and Registration section and make sure that Notify on reviewable submissions:  is set to Yes

ruelluis, 

6 hours ago, ruelluis said:

3. Every branch has its own set of users (submitters, contributors, editors, admins). But I noticed that a user from a particular branch can still see and access , make suggestions to other branches. Do we have to do further configuration for this.

Branches are used to control who can View Living and View Private as well as who can Edit entries or Edit Media depending on how you define the User's privileges and access rights.  It cannot be used to prevent viewing of deceased people in your tree nor apparently make suggestions in other branches

From your description, Branches are working as designed.

manofmull

Ken

It's been years since I used the various types of user and I now see that.

Currently all my users (I prefer members) are listed as guests.

Reason being that I didn't like them using the edit buttons and "guesting" them was the only way to hide those buttons.

I pointed out to the poster that notify should be set to yes. My own of course is set to no but I still get email notification for suggestions.

Ken Roy

Michael,

I may not have been complete correct in my above statement.  I think if you give a user a Submitter role and they click the little edit icons on the TNG pages to make changes, those suggested changes need to be reviewed and approved by the TNG Administrator.

If they click the Suggest tab on any other pages, those should generate an email to email address defined in the Tree, if no email address is defined there, then the email should be sent to the email address in General Settings

I maintain my database in a desktop genealogy program, so I rarely allow submitter roles any more since I have to make the change on my desktop even though I would access the one in the Review tab, other wise it gets lost next time I do an import.

Either way branches cannot be used to prevent access to any part of the tree.  They are used to control who has access to View Living, View Private, or who can Edit records or media

brain synapses may not be clicking on all cylinders as I get older