TNG Community

Template 4 bookmark icon

OttawaBullock

A few years ago, I was successful in removing the small print icon at the far right near the header in template 4. I would now like to remove the bookmark icon. However, I have forgotten where I went to remove this icon. My website: http://www.bullockgenealogy.org/

Would appreciate any help to assist me with this.

Thanks,

Bob

BookmarkIcon.jpeg

Hi Bob

You should be able to find it as part of the function tng_getRightIcons () in the file genlib.php

I can't give you a definite line number as I am still using TNG 10.1.3 and have made a couple of modifications in the past - but in my own setup that function starts at line 533.

I also use template 4. Occasionally some articles I add have a reference to a Pdf Reader so I added an icon after the Print and Bookmark icons. This is an example:

THE STORY OF EDWARD BRETLAND: Part 2

I could send you that code fragment off line if of help

Cheers Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks once again for your help. Having a pdf reader option is a good idea. For the moment, I'd like to clear the icon. I will take a look at function you have indicated and will let you know if I need your code fragment.

Regards,

Bob

Hi Eric,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've changed the settings you suggested. The result: The bookmark icon has disappeared but the print icon has returned.

I have looked at the function tng_getRightIcons () in the file genlib.php as suggested by Alan (Newfloridian) and attached the appropriate code but can't see why one icon (print) still shows and the other ( bookmark) has disappeared. The Share icon is turned off. It also does not appear.

I've attached the admin file, Also, here is the code in the function tng_getRightIcons () in the file genlib.php:

}

function tng_getRightIcons() {
    global $text, $tngconfig, $cms, $gotlastpage, $sitever;

$addbookmark_url = getURL( "ajx_addbookmark", 1 );

$right_icons = "";
    if( $tngconfig['showshare'] && $sitever != "mobile")
        $right_icons .= tng_smallIcon(array('label'=>$text['share'], 'id'=>"share", 'onclick'=>"jQuery('#shareicons').toggle(200); if(!share) { jQuery('#share-smicon').html('{$text['hide']}'); share=1;} else { jQuery('#share-smicon').html('{$text['share']}'); share=0; }; return false;"));

if( !$tngconfig['showprint'] && $sitever != "mobile")
        $print_url = getScriptName();
         if(preg_match("/\?/",$print_url))
            $print_url .= "&tngprint=1";

else
            $print_url .= "?tngprint=1";
        $right_icons .= tng_smallIcon(array('label'=>$text['tngprint'], 'id'=>"print", 'rel'=>"nofollow", 'onclick'=>"newwindow=window.open('$print_url','tngprint','width=850,height=600,status=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes'); newwindow.focus(); return false;"));

if( !$tngconfig['showbmarks'] && $gotlastpage ) {
        $right_icons .= tng_smallIcon(array('label'=>$text['bookmark'], 'id'=>"bmk", 'onclick'=>"tnglitbox = new LITBox('{$addbookmark_url}p=" . urlencode($cms['tngpath']) . "',{width:350,height:100}); return false;"));
        $tngconfig['menucount']++;
    }

Would appreciate any insights either you or Alan may have.

Thanks,

Bob

Admin.jpeg

Hi Bob,

I haven't changed anything in that genlib.php function. I have only used the settings and set them like this:

settings.png

And the result is at my rightmost link in my sig, that is; exactly according to the settings.

I'm running TNG v12.3.

/Erik

Hi Erik,

I too have the Print and Bookmark Link on NO. However. the Print icon still appears. That's why I went to the genlib.php function to see if there is anything there causing it to stay on. I'm using v11.1.

Thanks,

Bob

That's strange, Bob. Very strange.

At my xerxx site (mid link in the sig) I run v11.1.2 and the genlib function looks the same.

Looks - because I've got a mod there (Public Access Control) where I have defined the print icon to be invisible for "guests". In the TNG settings it's set to "Yes" (show).

So I see it when I'm logged in but otherwise not.

I opened the settings and set "Show Print Link" to "No" and it disappeared from all pages when I'm still logged in. As it should.

I'm afraid that I can't help you :-(  because I'm totally baffled.

Erik

Hi Erik,

Thanks again for responding. I've been making some changes on my site and make back-ups as I go. Looking back, I and see that the problem is a fairly recent one. On one of my backups, the icon controls worked at that point. Rather than trying to figure out the problem, I'll just start from the backup and rebuild from there.

Thanks for your help Erik.

Bob