TNG Community
Pat Downs

I have a plus sign +

Pat Downs

This isn't important, but I'm a curious sort ...  One of the families I have researched had 12 children.  When I see a list of the children they are numbered 1 through 12.  Just to the left of child number 5 is a small plus sign.  Thus

+ 5. name of child

Would anyone know the significance of that plus sign?  It is actually a hyperlink to a Descendants Chart for "name of child"  Why?  What did I do to create that?  

TIA

Pat Downs

Pat Downs

Interesting.  I manage 2 different sites.  One has version 12.1 and the one with the plus sign is version 12.3.  Is this something new?  I have no plus signs on the 12.1 site.

Thanks

Ken Roy

This is not something new, but you do have to run the Track Lines script in the Import, Secondary Process whether you import data or not to get children that have children of their own to show with a + plus sign.

Pat Downs

I had never run any secondary processes and there were just a few plus signs scattered through my site.  When there was a plus sign, it was correct.  But there were many cases where there should have been plus signs but they weren't there.  I imported most of my data but have done some recent manual data entry.  Maybe the few plus signs I had were related to that.

I ran the Track Lines secondary process and now I have all the plus signs I deserve.

It's actually a nice feature.  Thanks for pointing it out.