TNG Community
Jan Suhr

MOD Show all family don't show step parents

Jan Suhr

I have tried both the MODS Show Step parents and Show all family. but in the later one it will not show step parents even though it is set to do so.
If I only have Show Step parents they are shown as they should.

See attached screen shots for comparison.

Thanks

Jan

with step parents.png

with show all family.png

Brett

Jan
I have tried Show all Family, version 4d on TNG 12.3 and the result is as you have described. There is no Stepparent detail.

Have you contacted the developer - http://adupree.com/wp/1120-2

Jan Suhr

I'm on TNG 12.1 and the mods are the latest, downloaded yesterday.

Jan Suhr
18 minutes ago, Brett said:

Jan
I have tried Show all Family, version 4d on TNG 12.3 and the result is as you have described. There is no Stepparent detail.

Have you contacted the developer - http://adupree.com/wp/1120-2

I'll try to contact him. I have a suggestion for a mod as well that I did on my site.

tngrlkrz

I believe the mod is working correctly.  I think the intent in the Show All Family mod is to show stepparents as 'other partners' vs. Show Stepparents putting in a 'stepparents' section.  If you read the wiki article it states:

1. Earliest ancestor
  2. Matriarchs and patriarchs
  3. Parents other partners (Stepparents)
  4. Other spouses of spouse
  5. Children's spouses
  6. Alternative surname spellings

The wiki article illustrations show this difference in the two mods as well.   Your own snapshot illustrates this too:

image.png

When consolidating the various 'Show All' mods, including 'other spouses' it was decided it would be redundant to show stepparents  twice, as other spouses and again as stepparents.

Ron

Chris Lloyd

You could look at te language files and edit the phrase Other Partners to something like Other Parents with any variation that suits you.

tngrlkrz
1 hour ago, Chris Lloyd said:

You could look at te language files and edit the phrase Other Partners to something like Other Parents with any variation that suits you.

Actually, that might not work, because when you go to a page for one of several spouses: The mod will show the husband's/wife's other spouse(s) as stepparents, where it should be 'other partners or spouses'.  There would need to be a check or use a different variable in the husband/wife section vs. the father/mother section.  

Jan Suhr
16 hours ago, tngrlkrz said:

I believe the mod is working correctly.  I think the intent in the Show All Family mod is to show stepparents as 'other partners' vs. Show Stepparents putting in a 'stepparents' section.  If you read the wiki article it states:

1. Earliest ancestor
  2. Matriarchs and patriarchs
  3. Parents other partners (Stepparents)
  4. Other spouses of spouse
  5. Children's spouses
  6. Alternative surname spellings

The wiki article illustrations show this difference in the two mods as well.   Your own snapshot illustrates this too:

image.png

When consolidating the various 'Show All' mods, including 'other spouses' it was decided it would be redundant to show stepparents  twice, as other spouses and again as stepparents.

Ron

Yes you are correct, i've been in contact with the MOD-creator and he confirms that it is like you say.