TNG Community
Cormac

Template 17 woes

Cormac

When I started, I did some editing that I haven't been able to fix. I edited the opening for the picture on the opening page alright. I even managed to replace the icon/picture that appears on the very left of the light brown section. I circled the two problems that I haven't been able to fix. At the present time, when you click on the "more" link, you get a "Not Found" error message.Problem areas.jpeg

1. How do I fix the two circled areas?

2. Is it possible to correct the text in the Contact Us paragraph? There is no "Us" just me. I want to change the Us to Me.

Thank you for the help!

Edited by Cormac
additional text

Rob Severijns

Cormac,

In your language files look for the following string and change it. (Make sure you make a backup of your language file)

$text['contactus_long'] = "If you have any questions or comments about the information on this site, please <span class=\"emphasis\"><a href=\"suggest.php\">contact us</a></span>. We look forward to hearing from you.";

You will have to change it again if an updated version of TNG is installed.

Can't help you with te More... issue.

Kind regards,

Rob

manofmull

Cormac

You can try this but first make a backup of your Template17 index.php file!

174      <p><a class="footer-link" href="<?php echo $tl1; ?>"><?php echo $text['more']; ?> ...</a></p>
  195    <p><a class="footer-link" href="<?php echo $tl2; ?>"><?php echo $text['more']; ?> ...</a></p>

Lines 174 and 195 (yours might be slightly different line numbers)

Remove more from each of the two lines but leave the single quotes i.e. 'more' to ' '

Upload the edited index.php file to your Template17 folder and see if this works.