TNG Community

***NEW Release **** Add N S E W to Latitude / Longitude Mod

RickM

**** Release UPDATE ****

Hi All

I have created a little Mod that will add N S E W to Latitude / Longitude results in the display pages. It works using decimal numbers eg: -41.327312, 174.807598 (Wellington International Airport Wellington New Zealand).. the page will show -41.327312 S, 174.807598 W . See attached image for example.

Lat_Long-NSEW_Mod_img-after.jpg

https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Lat-Long_NSEW

With much thanks to both XerxX & Brett for their patience and input..

The Mod could be expanded further to allow for the option to use North South East or West rather than N S E or W. Please let me know if this is something you might like/prefer!! Also if there are pages, places I have missed modifying please let me know..

Rick M

• 2 years later...

Rick, Couldn't find a later thread indicating your recent update to your mod, but I installed it, and an not able to see the display like you indicate from Open Street Maps.  

Michel K. indicates that is not coming from the mod and likely additional mod or code??

Ron

1 hour ago, tngrlkrz said:

Rick, Couldn't find a later thread indicating your recent update to your mod, but I installed it, and an not able to see the display like you indicate from Open Street Maps.  

Michel K. indicates that is not coming from the mod and likely additional mod or code??

Ron

Ron,

Could you provide a snapshot of what you are seeing and / or access to your site to allow me to check the differences please??

Could possibly be due to the images coming from either TNG v13.0.x or TNG v12.0.0.2..

Edited by RickM
Added possible explanation

1 hour ago, RickM said:

Ron,

Could you provide a snapshot of what you are seeing and / or access to your site to allow me to check the differences please??

Could possibly be due to the images coming from either TNG v13.0.x or TNG v12.0.0.2..

The question relates to the images presented in the wiki article, in which the latitude and longitude were both shown next to the pin in both the before and the after images.  Did you put/edit those there just to demonstrate the addition internally of the NSEW, and in fact are not actually displayed.  If so, not to worry, I was just mislead by the posted images.  

Ron

Not sure I follow your issue..

I believe the 'Pin' shows in both without Mod and Mod installed. The OpenStreetMap images etc may be related to a previous version of Open StreetMap. The imagaes are definitely from a previous version of TNG Not v13.1.2 OR v14.0

I guess you are suggesting I update the images???