TNG Community

proceess terminate due to inactivity

Krisamd

users should terminate and log out in the normal course.

In many cases, the process is just kept in the background when other activities are in use.

In any case there should be time limit to terminate the process say 5 minutes to process terminate automatically or call a reminder if the user want to continue.

Is there any code or mode for for this situation?

Thanks

Kris

Hi Kris,

I'm not sure what you are talking about...

When I'm editing f.ex. a person and don't do anything for a while (maybe searching for a date in a document) I get a reminder that the time is running short. But that timer is the only process I know about in that situation.

Regarding logging out, there is the "Keep me logged in" option when you log in. If i don't use it I'll be logged out automatically after no action for ... a while (quite long, I think). My impression is that my 11.1.2 site logs me out a bit sooner than my 12.3 site but I haven't clocked it.

What processes do you mean are kept in the background? If you don't do anything there is no communication between your computer and the server (as far as I know) so there are no processes. When you click f.ex. a person's name you start a new script that goes to the end and then stops all processing.

Best regards,

Erik

I have noticed some members login and without logout,  go to some other site say MS Word/excell/some mutimedia etc. and TNG stays in the background even for an hour. I have not seen any notification, we are timed out.

I have all my data in cloud.

In Windows I have set time limit for 15 minutes idle  for any operation and I get a reminder I am timed out .

I am looking for similar solution, if possible in TNG

Kris

This is interesting:

5 hours ago, Krisamd said:

I have noticed some members login and without logout,  go to some other site

How can you see where your users are going?

/Erik

Edit: I just now noticed that I've been automatically logged out from my TNG11.1.2 site. I logged in about 9 hours agor and didn't touch anything since about then.