TNG Community

User Footer Copyright mod

MrsMontgomery

MrsMontgomery

Hi.  I followed all the instructions to install the User Footer Copyright mod with GDPR and am having difficulties and could use some advice and/or guidance please..  I don't seem to have the pop-up on screen for the GDPR and I don't see where I have the section to change the year message.  *Edited to add - I'm using a customised Template 8 and running TNG 12.01 at https://myfootdeeancestors.co.uk

Steps taken as follows:

Automated Installation Requirements

1. Download the appropriate mod configuration file as shown in the summary in the upper right corner of the page * Yes. Done
  2. Unzip the file to your mods folder *Yes. Done.  I've tried it directly to the Mods folder and also to a subfolder within the Mods folder named Footer_copyright.
  3. Follow the normal automated installation for Mod Manager, as shown in the example Mod Manager - Installing Config Files to install the private_notes_for_admins.cfg. *I tried following this but don't get the private_notes_for_admins.cfg included in the zip.  The only thing in the zip is user_footer_copyright_gdpr_v12.1.0.9.cfg
  4. NOTE - if your site is using the TNG-WordPress plugin, you have to go to your WordPress Admin page to the TNG settings and click the "Update TNG Variables" button AFTER you have entered your start date and Custom Footer Message. *This doesn't apply

In my mod manager it appears to be correct.  It shows as installed with no errors.  I see this message in there:

Installed   for TNG 12.1.0 adds GDPR Data Protection Policy amd Imprint (legal notice) links.
You must update the Copyright Start Date in Admin > Setup > General Settings after install.  

I just don't seem to have the right thing in my Admin>Setup>General.  This is what I see in there:

Admin>Setup gives this screen:

1.jpg

Admin>Setup>General give this screen:

2.jpg

I don't seem to have anywhere that says " Custom Copyright Start in Setup >> General Settings >> Site Design section" thats mentioned in the Wiki Mod page either.  I only have the 'Template' section shown in the above image and that area doesn't show footer details or anthing like it.  I can't find an area called 'Site Design Section' anywhere.

I've tried several times to install, uninstall, re-install, in main mod folder or in subfolder...all kinds of ways but I'm just not seeing where to change the copyright year and I'm not seeing the GDPR popup.

Any help gratefully appreciated.  I can show anything needed from my site but my tech ability is limited so anything that's needed can you explain how to get the details and from where, as if you're explaining to a 5 year old, as this stuff doesn't come easy to me.  Many thanks. 

Because you are using a template with a dark background, I cannot read your footer.  You do need to make sure that you are using the TNG template footers for the GDPR link to be displayed.  If you copied your previous custom footer forward as part of your upgrade you are likely missing the following which is in the template8/footer

<?php
				$flags['basicfooter'] = true;
				echo tng_footer($flags);
			?>

and should be in your customized version.

Not sure if you have other mods that impact the General Settings, but you may want to check that you have all the correct javascript files in you TNG js folder.

There are several other toggle sections in the Admin > Setup > General Settings besides the Database section.  The Copyright Start date is in the Site Design and Definition section after the Custom Footer input field

MrsMontgomery
8 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

Because you are using a template with a dark background, I cannot read your footer.  You do need to make sure that you are using the TNG template footers for the GDPR link to be displayed.  If you copied your previous custom footer forward as part of your upgrade you are likely missing the following which is in the template8/footer

<?php
				$flags['basicfooter'] = true;
				echo tng_footer($flags);
			?>

and should be in your customized version.

Not sure if you have other mods that impact the General Settings, but you may want to check that you have all the correct javascript files in you TNG js folder.

There are several other toggle sections in the Admin > Setup > General Settings besides the Database section.  The Copyright Start date is in the Site Design and Definition section after the Custom Footer input field

Really?  It shows fine for me in Firefox and that is the standard colour the template came with.

3.jpg

I'm using whatever footer comes as part of the upgrade as Darrin always does my upgrades to the newer versions.  I just added a new header graphic and altered the wording in the footer, nothing else.  If I'm missing something somewhere, how do I get it back?  I also don't know what is supposed to be in my TNG js folder. I don't even know where that folder is or what it does.

As mentioned above and shown on the photos I added, I don't have several other toggle sections in the Admin>Setup>General Settings other than the Database Section. Is that photo showing for you where it shows that?  Also as mentioned and shown...I don't have the Site Design and Definition section...

2 hours ago, MrsMontgomery said:

Really?  It shows fine for me in Firefox and that is the standard colour the template came with.

well I am visually impaired and cannot read text on most dark backgrounds. 

You will need to resolve why your General Settings admin screen is not the way it should be before we can get any further in resolving this issue.  Sorry, but I am in the middle of too many other things to go look at your site with admin privileges, so someone else will need to volunteer to do that.

The only reason, I responded is the User Footer Copyright mod is mine.

3 hours ago, MrsMontgomery said:

Admin>Setup>General give this screen:

Without tne Mod installed, this is what you should see in Admin>Setup>General Settings:

image.png

Please uninstall the Mod and check in Admin>Setup>General Settings to see if you see my example. If you do not, there is a problem with your install.

MrsMontgomery
1 hour ago, Brett said:

Without tne Mod installed, this is what you should see in Admin>Setup>General Settings:

image.png

Please uninstall the Mod and check in Admin>Setup>General Settings to see if you see my example. If you do not, there is a problem with your install.

Thank you, Brett. That's really helpful.

If you have not resolved this send me TNG Admin credentials and FTP access using the following link to My Contact form and I will look at your site tomorrow morning

Did you ever get this issue resolved?  I offered to look at your site, but never heard back from you.

MrsMontgomery
3 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

Did you ever get this issue resolved?  I offered to look at your site, but never heard back from you.

Yes thank you, Darrin fixed it for me.

Michel KIRSCH
3 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

Hence the interest in noting the topic as "SOLVED" and giving the solution that was given to you by Darrin.

Michel

MrsMontgomery

I haven't "SOLVED" it though as I haven't tried installing the footer mod again yet, and Darrin didn't have a solution, he just fixed my Admin panel issues.  But thanks for taking an interest.

Let me know if the User Footer Copyright mod does not install. 

If you want me to take a look use the link I provided in an earlier post and send me at a minimum TNG Admin login credentials.