TNG Community
MatthewHoutReilly

Trying Kloosterman Method again.. (hope it works...)

MatthewHoutReilly

A while back I was trying the Kloosterman Method with WP and got frustrated so I stopped.   Doing baby steps this time around...

My website thehoutfamilyarchive.com

I created the menu "Search" with sub-items below.  When clicking on "surnames" or any option, it comes to a blank screen.  The path is correct, I know this because if I remove "WPTNG-topmenu.php"; "WPTNG-meta.php" and "WPTNG-footer.php" the path works, just not within my AVADA theme. (I removed all the WPTNG-XXXXXXX, as I am unsure which file as control over displaying within WP). 

The WPTNG files are exactly as stated on Kloosterman's website "Building a Genealogy website with TNG, WordPress and AVADA"

I read a few topics here, and especially the one below and I still can't figure it out..

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Matthew

HeatherFeuer

Hi Matthew,

I noticed that you have the TNG (genealogy) folder set up as a subdomain? When I click on Surnames, the URL in the address bar shows that the blank screen is trying to redirect to a login screen, not sure if it's the TNG or the WordPress login.

I'm not sure how well the Kloosterman method would work with that configuration. Could you post the code that you have in the WPTNG-topmenu.php file? That might help with troubleshooting.

MatthewHoutReilly

Heather, 

here is the WPTNG-topmenu.php file: 

<?php
require ("../wp-blog-header.php");
get_header ();
 ?>

In regards to the login section... I tried it both ways, need to login via TNG and had it off. 

Matthew

cfj

Hi Matthew.

18 hours ago, MatthewHoutReilly said:

here is the WPTNG-topmenu.php file: 

<?php
require ("../wp-blog-header.php");
get_header ();
 ?>

You can try the code below (I use it)

<?php
require ("../wp-load.php");
get_header ();
 ?>

I recommend you use the default WP theme, to see if everything works in TNG before using the AVADA theme and if you use TNG in a subdomain, I think you must set aboluth path to WordPress.

MatthewHoutReilly

The links are now working, however; they are not popping up within the theme of the website.