TNG Community
XerxX

Fixed Family Tab . New Version

tngrlkrz

Hi Erik,

Will give it a try.  I recall all the effort you put into this mod when I kept coming up with more 'snags' you fixed.  I haven't noticed the subject person getting changed, and I suppose it's not easy to recreate that situation.  But will download your update to a wonderful mod.  

Thanks!

XerxX

Hi Ron,

Yes; you found a lot of errors in the beginning. I hope none now ;-)

I haven't used it really because my XerxX site doesn't have a Family tab at all. But the latest site is 12.3 so I used the mod there. As I've been working on that site a lot I got some surprises when I wanted the subject person back. I think I solved it now.

Enjoy!

Erik

XerxX

Okay everyone (all four that have downloaded the mod...)

I found a flaw - again - in the mod for familychart.php. When a person has no parent they become their own parents.

I've identified the error and I have solved it. Just now. I have to test it thoroughly now, so I'll be back.

I'm sorry about this.

Erik

XerxX

So I've let the monster loose! Again.

This mod was a lot trickier to get to work (if it works...) than I thought from start.The problem was to keep track of the subject Person ID in all kinds of situations with calls by Family ID or Person ID (and even parents' Family ID - my choice ;-) ).

I have tried to test it thoroughly but you know what we say: When the programmer tests, nothing goes wrong. When a user tests nothing goes right.

https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Fixed_Family_Tab

Thanks for your patience (esp. Ron)

Erik

Chris Lloyd

I'll have a go with this over the weekend Erik......

XerxX

Thank You Chris. I'm looking forward to your "report" ;-)

tngrlkrz

Hi Erik,

The new version works well compared to the old version, though I admit I didn't run into the special situations you alluded to causing problems in the prior version.  But looks like a 'go' to me.  I do see you had to manipulate a lot of code, and using fftpersonID instead of fftfamilyID and $_SESSION variables as well. But all looks good.

Regards,

Chris Lloyd

Eric

No issues with the mod - very pleased with how it looks. I'll let you know if I get anything odd occurring.

Cheers

Chris

XerxX

Hello Ron and Chris, and thank you for trying the mod.

I'm glad that you have the same experience that I've had: It seems stable and the correct people are shown in all situations.

Enjoy!

Erik