TNG Community
hopperson

Website re-fresh

hopperson

I'd like some honest and critical feedback about my website.   I'ts been 4 years since the previous re-fresh and I've gone for something which I think looks elegant but also easy to read.   I use WordPress.

Please let me know what you think.  

Thank you. 

Paul 

The Willis Tree

manofmull
19 minutes ago, hopperson said:

I'd like some honest and critical feedback about my website.   I'ts been 4 years since the previous re-fresh and I've gone for something which I think looks elegant but also easy to read.   I use WordPress.

Thank you. 

Paul 

The Willis Tree

Paul

Looks good, especially the colourised group pic. I've done a few of those myself for my own site.

Couple of tiny criticisms: too much empty space, especially between your first line of text and the group pic.

I have very sensitive eyes and too much white/bright colours is painful to me: you have too much white and just a little tint would make all the difference.

hopperson
1 minute ago, manofmull said:

Paul

Looks good, especially the colourised group pic. I've done a few of those myself for my own site.

Couple of tiny criticisms: too much empty space, especially between your first line of text and the group pic.

I have very sensitive eyes and too much white/bright colours is painful to me: you have too much white and just a little tint would make all the difference.

That's great thanks! So adjust the glaring white to a subtle grey maybe?  

manofmull

I use the following image as a background to my white pages and it makes a big difference for me.

This forum has too much background white! 😵

3.jpg

hopperson
15 minutes ago, manofmull said:

I use the following image as a background to my white pages and it makes a big difference for me.

This forum has too much background white! 😵

3.jpg

Great! I'll give that a go. 

Chris Lloyd

Bear in mind that coloured backgrounds can detract from the legibility of text...

tngrlkrz
6 hours ago, hopperson said:

Thank you. 

Paul 

The Willis Tree

I get a bit 'WHOA, do you want to go there' flag from McAfee Webadvisor with your site link.

hopperson
1 hour ago, tngrlkrz said:

I get a bit 'WHOA, do you want to go there' flag from McAfee Webadvisor with your site link.

Wow!  I just checked - 'malicious content'!  I think not.  I've submitted a request to McAfee to get that changed. Thanks!  

hopperson
5 hours ago, tngrlkrz said:

Hi again!  Try it again?  McAfee have now updated their records. 

tngrlkrz

Much better!  And no scary warnings. Nice presentation with WordPress. Gosh, and the colorization really makes that 1895 photo come alive.  I wish I had photographs from the 1800's, and some color would be nice on the ones I have from early 1900's. At times I have been tempted by WP, but have so many (~80) mods installed I don't wish to give up.